cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

lapiii
Adept I

Bios won't display on my TV using Ryzen without an igpu and Nvidia 1070 gpu.

What about gpu's Will allow Bios to be displayed on TV with my Ryzen? Does the problem not exist with modern AMD cards and is with all Nvidia cards? I have a RX 480 that will dissplay Bios on Tv, but the gpu isn't supported.

6 Replies

Sorry but we need your full hardware specs to be able to give advice here. Is this a CPU or APU and what model? What motherboard and operating system please. Also is your TV plugged into your motherboard or GPU, and what kind of port?

0 Likes

Mobo:  Asus Tuf X570 Gaming Plus and the 

The TV is connected to the GPU and it doesn't work conneccted too the mobo.

EDIT:

Would you know if the problem exists with the MSI Gaming Radeon RX 5600 XT?

0 Likes

Well it sounds like your are plugged in correctly. However I can't really say anything else as I don't know if you have a cpu or apu. Make sure you are on the latest bios for your motherboard and the latest chipset driver. If that doesn't help then reach on to the support departments for your motherboard and GPU maker for advice. It is certainly possible you have a bad port on your card or a bios issue if it is not the latest. Also have you tried an alternative cable from your TV to the card. You never answered what kind of port you are connecting to, what cable or any adapters that could affect things. 

0 Likes

This thread has another guy with an older board having issues but he is having to leave his nvidia card in too just to get the machine to go. So not sure if it is similar enough but I think I would make sure you are reporting your issue to your GPU maker too and asking what they think.

This is the other thread:  https://community.amd.com/inbox 

0 Likes
lapiii
Adept I

The port used is Hdmi and the link in your last post is broken.

EDIT: 

My Ryzen 3800x is a cpu and not an apu.

0 Likes

Sorry about that link here is what I meant to link too. RX 5500 XT with an older motherboard 

So if you are going HDMI to HDMI I would think that it is unlikely a cable issue. Have you tried another good quality cable? Might be worth ruling out. You might have another you could steal of other AV equipment you have to test with. 

Since you have a CPU then you don't have any of the common APU issues causing problems. 

I would think that if the RX 480 works right but you say it isn't supported and that is confusing. RX 480 is fully supported still and other than being slower should still do what the newer navi does nearly identically. 

It has to be either a bios issues with the MB or you just have a defective GPU and likely need to return it. I would talk to the support department for your GPU and get their take on this. 

0 Likes