cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Dave2460
Adept I

Another no display problem..

Hi guys. In need of your help for a weird problem I have.

I upgraded my pc as follows : I7-12700k, 32gb ram, msi mpg edge wifi z690 ddr4 board and I'm using a Vega 56 gpu from my older pc which is working fine. Now the problem is if the gpu is in the first pcie 5.0, the pc boots up but hangs with vga light on. If I install the gpu in pcie # 2 or # 3, everything is fine. I had the motherboard exchanged for a brand new one but still the same problem. Updated the motherboard bios to the latest version, forced gen 3 in the bios for the first pcie but nothing changed. I'm usually good at solving my pc problems but I have to admit, this one is new to me. 

PS: I read online that older NVidia gpus had the same problem with the new z690 boards and NVidia released a uefi graphic firmware update to solve the problem. Is there such a thing for my rx Vega 56?

Thank you.

3 Replies

The Vega56 vbios is uefi, have you asked on the msi support forum for a possible solution.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

Hi there.

Yes I did ask on msi forum as well, it was suggested it was the board itself the problem which I exchanged. The new replacement motherboard had the same issue. The card works fine on the second and third PCie slots and is also ok in an old z87 board, I also changed the power supply,  I'm stomped and out of ideas ;((( 

0 Likes

The monitor is working fine when the gpu is the second or third pcie. When on the first pcie, the pc just hangs during boot up with vga led light on the motherboard, then I have to do a hard shut down, move the card to the second slot for it to boot up normally. My friend is bringing his 3060 tomorrow and I will try my Vega 56 on his pc as well.

0 Likes