cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Ian_Kreitler
Adept I

6800XT crashing

i bought a 6800xt direct from amd. initially it worked just fine, i could play any game i had no issues. now when i play anything i get a "this application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware" message. have up to date amd drivers (20.11.2) did a full windows 10 reset fully updated, ran the system file checker. nothing i do has made this problem better. i have swapped cards to a msi 1650 super and had no issues at all. have sent many bug reports most times it crashed.

system specs

I7 9700K

msi gaming edge z390

crucial ballistix 3200 ddr4 16G

thermaltake 750W gold 

rx 6800 xt (bought from amd)

any input would be greatly appreciated 

update, ran DDU in safemode, completely deleted amd drivers.

checked if game would run, ( it did but obviously very poorly,) but i was able to get further along in the game with no crashing at all. i reinstall amd software followed by reboot, checked to see if i play, still crashes once i get to the main menu. not really sure where to go, have a tech support ticket out to amd still waiting on them.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Update, I worked with amd tech support, they said card was bad and rma it, just got replacement put back in and it works flawless, so yeah original card was faulty out of the box.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
11 Replies