XFX RX 6800 XT - No signal

Computer Type: Desktop

GPU: XFX RX 6800 XT

CPU: RYZEN 7 5800X

Motherboard: MSI B550 GAMING EDGE WIFI

BIOS Version: 7C91v1F

RAM: 32GB

PSU: 1200W Everest

Operating Systems: WINDOWS 10 PRO & Arch Linux (Zen kernel)

Description of Original Problem: Yesterday, I tried to reboot my system, and it didn't display anything after that, but the fans were spinning (Usually the fans spin fast for 1–3 seconds on every boot, but now they spin fast without stopping) and the lights were on. Use HDMI, I have a very old CASPER monitor so idk if the card supports it. It was working fine yesterday until I reboot my system. It's second hand so I really don't know if warranty is already ended.

Troubleshooting: I've tried switching to my very old AMD card and it worked fine. Everything is fully seated. Tried to reset bios from the button on the motherboard. Tried CMOS reset. Tried DDU. Changed PCIE to 4.0 in bios.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Squatchh
Journeyman III

I am going to try it on another PC tomorrow, but I'm still open to suggestions.

0 Likes
FunkZ
Paragon

Unfortunately XFX states their warranty only covers the original purchaser, so they're probably going to ask for an invoice. If you still have contact with who you purchased from they may be able to provide or work with you? The other thing to consider is the cards have only a 3 year or 2 year warranty, depending on model. Given that it's a 6800 it's probably close to that age?

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes