cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Tepin
Journeyman III

XFX MERC RX6600XT Under Performing

Hi, I recently upgrade from GTX1650OC to RX6600xt and is currently experiencing issues, Most of my games are performing not to what is RX6600xt should be. Games in like CS2 or Valorant all on 1080p low settings are running at around 200 fps only which could be easily achieve with a 1650OC. I would like to ask is there any current fix? I cant enable SAM as my mother board doesnt support it.
Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: RX6600XT
RAM: 2x8gb 3200mhz
Power supply: 550w corsair power supply
Motherboard: Asrock A320m HDV
Storage 500gb m.2 and a 1tb ssd

Please help.

0 Likes
2 Replies
432hz
Challenger

I think CS and Valorant are more CPU heavy than GPU heavy. If you want better frames in those types of games, you'll need a CPU upgrade. Check out some reviews and get a feel.

Your performance looks normal / better compared to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO2KnbAFh54

Even in other games except CS2 and Valorant it seems like it is still not running how it should be. For example Far Cry 5 barely get over 60 fps on max out settings in 1080p. Could my motherboard or powersupply be the limiting factor too? Could it be possible that the GPU isnt drawing alot of power due to my lower than recommended wattage PSU. Also is there ways to get SAM options in my motherboard bios? I cant seem to find it. I do see the CSM and Above 4G decoder options. But i can disable CSM without issues but not enable above 4g decoding. I get a black screen after boot if I enable the above 4g decoder options. Any solutions?

0 Likes