cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

GloriaDeo
Journeyman III

Will a Radeon RX 5600 XT support 6 monitors?

Hi,

I have an ASRock Phantom Gaming D3 Radeon RX 5600 XT.

It's currently set up with 4 monitors using all the available ports.  I don't use it for gaming and occasionally for Photoshop and video editing.  It's mostly used for standard office use.

I'm considering getting 2 more monitors but I'm not sure whether the graphics card will support more than 4.  I've looked everywhere online and no where does it specify the maximum supported monitors.

Ideally, I'd buy a DisplayPort splitter and split one or two DisplayPort connector(s) to give me 6.

The graphics card does have DisplayPort 1.4a which supports SST and MST.   

Is this possible?

Non nobis Domine non nobis sed nomini tuo da gloriam.
0 Likes
1 Reply
Kalana
Challenger

Hi, the 5600XT released with only Maximum Display Support up to 4 Monitors. And you can use a splitter., dut the downside is that it will output the same image on the monitors used, rather than 2 different work-spaces or an expanded desktop. If that's fine, a splitter or daisy chain would do. Keep in mind, having displays at different refresh rates may reduce overall performance or create issues like black screen and sudden freezing, so have the same monitor on same refresh rates will better.

Though If you planning to have 6 separate work spaces, you should consider getting a GPU with 6 ports. If you are a creator, maybe the Radeon Pro Series will benefits you the most. Else if used for Gaming as well, the only GPU available across was the Radeon RX 5700 XT Taichi X 8G OC. This card is actually unusual in the six discrete output category in that it doesn’t feature exclusively Mini-DP ports.

0 Likes