cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Moist
Adept III

Why is the shipping cost on me?

Ok so I've been having issues since I bought my 7900 XTX a month ago. I decided to start the RMA process about a week or so ago. Finally after back and forth I was told there is no replacement for me and I will be sent instructions for the return. Ok fair enough I guess but I've now wasted a month of my time it'll be about a week on top of when they receive the card before the money is credited back to me. During this time I guess screw me I can spend more money and buy something else to have a working system because money and resources are infinite I guess. Cards just about everywhere of this tier are hard to find but hey it is what it is. What really just burns me is that I don't see a shipping label or any mention of reimbursement for the shipping. So what I have to cover that? AMD sent me a defective product. Didn't replace it and now I'm to be out of pocket the cost of shipping because they can't provide me with a working product? How do these companies justify this crap. I'm considering rolling the dice and just attempting a chargeback on this whole thing.

0 Likes
6 Replies

I can't talk for AMD but if you look at the RX7900XT Warranty to RMA the GPU card it does mention return shipping costs is not included:

Screenshot 2023-01-13 143510.png

Some Users have mentioned that they have received a Pre-Paid Return label when RMAing a AMD Hardware.

Maybe because your GPU was one of the defective RX7900XTX, AMD might forego you paying for shipping cost to return the GPU card. just guessing though.

0 Likes

Oh don't get me wrong I understand they include fine print that makes it totally legal to do so. I'm just saying it's anti consumer and complete bs.

0 Likes

Hey I understand your view.

I have a 4k 28" Monitor where the screen is very slowly going bad. So when I looked into LG Warranty I found out I needed to ship it from Florida to a LG Warranty Repair facilities in Texas with me paying the shipping costs.

The shipping cost would be around 35%-45% of the original price of the Monitor which was over $400.00. I figured I could use that money as partial payment on a purchase a new monitor with the money I would save in shipping costs.

0 Likes

It's not their fault you didn't read it. You should always read the warranty so that you know what to expect.

0 Likes

Um sure. Here's the thing though is it really a warranty issue if it's defective out of the box? If it broke down after a year of use I get it in fact that happened with an older card of mine and I didn't complain when I had to send it in it was 18 months after I bought it. This arrived as a broken part. So yeah you fanboy as hard as you want this is still a basic expectation that when you buy something it's basic expectation that you don't get something broken or if you do you are not out money.

0 Likes

Warranty covers any defects in the GPU so if you received a DOA GPU that would be covered since it was defective from the factory.

AMD doesn't know if a hardware is going to be DOA or not until the Customer opens a Warranty ticket. That why AMD has a Warranty in place for such situations.

Warranties are for the protection and an incentive for the User to purchase a company's product against a defective product after being purchased.

NOTE: Personally I realize that most Users don't read the full Warranty policy on their product until they have to RMA the product including myself. The only thing I look for is how long the Warranty is for. Afterwards I start asking about the RMA process and whether I have to spend any out-of-pocket money to get it repaired or replaced or a refund.

I mean you would almost need to be a lawyer to understand some of the legalize wordings in Warranties to fully understand it.