cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

SnowHat
Adept III

Weird issue with crashing apex legends

Hey all!! I hope by coming here I can have different perspectives so I can have this issue fixed but start, this hasn’t happened on apex before and started recently. Basically, I’ll be playing apex for like 15ish minutes and then I’m brought upon an error code and it’ll crash my game but this crash will either black screen my monitors and then go back to normal to reveal the error code or it’ll make my screens go wild. I have proof with the video embedded in the post and the error code is 0x887a0006: DXGI ERROR DEVICE HUNG. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

For some reason the video won't be processed, so i'll just send a picture of what my screen looks like when I say, it goes "wild". 

I also want it to be clear that I made sure I cleaned the inside of my computer including my cpu and gpu just to make sure it wasn't an overheating or dust problem. Safe to say I managed to get a lot of dust out of both gpu and cpu. I haven't tried since but I still would like to know why an issue like this would happen and how to fix it. 

IMG_2044[1]-min.PNG

357 Replies

I had noticeable stuttering and a freeze in the lobby, then apex froze completely 5 minutes into a match. Not sure if it was the DXGI error or not but I couldn't alt+tab, had to force shut down, then windows wouldn't properly boot and so it windows scanned/repaired my C: drive and now I'm here.

0 Likes

rx570 4gb, 22.9.2 driver + adrenalin, no crashes so far 14hours of playtime, each session is around 2 hours

0 Likes
benjiwade
Adept II

I think they legitimately fixed it because I didn't do anything differently before this last patch and it stopped crashing once it was released. 

0 Likes

Which card do you have again?

0 Likes

I have a 5700 XT

0 Likes
MintTreats
Adept I

Im still crashing, but not the DX one just crash on countdown. Seems to be worse when playing with friends, but could be a  coincidence. I use RX570. 

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Everyone still having issues?

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes

Yeah, I'm taking a break from trying anything for at least a week to wait for a more substantial update

I lied. A friend with IT experience took a look at my PC, updated windows, dumped my temp folder, etc, but I just got the DXGI crash on my second game. I'm glad apex didn't totally freeze everything but I'm still in the same boat.

seems fixed for me, unless others having different issues from what OP described

0 Likes

yes i have. i'm trying to play FIFA 23 since the first day it was playable. i upgrated the amd software but still have the error DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG. I tried like 100 matches and 100% of them crash with this error. I have done everything i can for fix it but it doesn't want to work. I paid for my game and still can't play a single match on it. 

0 Likes
perfctly
Elite

that sucks but this fix was for apex and Respawn fixed thier version of it. It is fixed for me I believe, hopefully it isnt only fixed for 6b or 8gb cards

0 Likes
littlenezt
Adept III

rx570 4gb haven't crashed even once after the latest "fix"

0 Likes

Can anyone confirm whether or not it's fixed on RX 6800 XT GPUs?

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes

6 games (2 Ws in a row hehe) and nothing yet. This is the furthest I've gotten so I'm hopeful. Idk if there was a recent patch but I have the 5500XT, no Adrenaline at the moment, latest driver, and lastly I deleted Apex's assets folder then reinstalled.

C: > User > Your name > Saved Games > Respawn > Apex > Assets

I really hope this is it.

0 Likes
xtreeem
Adept III

Have drastically decreased my playing time - from ~40-50h week to like 5-10 but so far have not crashed.

Adrenaline soft installed.

Still on 22.8.2 drivers.

Did not do anything at all during past 2-3 weeks with the game, settings, folders (honestly got fed up with it again, Apex is painful enough to play without 3stack and now with crashes...made me think again about quitting it at least for a season or just switch to something else, more stable (if that is possible nowadays), and where 5700xt can do more than 90 stable fps)

0 Likes
Illutam
Adept I

I'm afraid it might be back guys. After 2 week without DGXI crash it crashed again a minute ago. Is it just me or maybe it's because of today's update ? 

0 Likes
perfctly
Elite

I think it’s back as well….

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Was it ever actually gone? I'm serious. I have been waiting since this thread started afraid to play because I don't want to damage my hardware.

0 Likes

Yes it absolutley was gone and now after the update today I got it again after I won a game  post match screen

0 Likes

yes it was gone for like 2 weeks or less maybe 12 days , and today i got the Crash again after the update

0 Likes

can confirm its back

0 Likes
Anykeyro
Journeyman III

Apparently latest update (13.10.22) revert everything back.
Crashing again. Hurray!

0 Likes
perfctly
Elite

WHY ARE THESE DEVELOPERS SO INCOMPETENT!!!! IT IS ABSOLUTLEY BACK! THEY CHANGED THE HEALING SOUNDS IN A SMALLLLLLLL PATCH AND NOW THE DXGI ERROR IS BACK!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?! HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE??? HOW

0 Likes
perfctly
Elite

@xtreeem have you crashed since latest update????

0 Likes

Have not played much but been stable since last week so two weeks no crashes if I am not mistaken but my playtime is really low now.

0 Likes
Damene
Journeyman III

thats so sad

0 Likes
perfctly
Elite

For real this time I am permanatley quitting this garbage game. UNBELIEVEABLE

0 Likes
perfctly
Elite

We must rise back up and DEMAND CHANGE. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS AND UNFAIR TO US. MANY OF US HAVE PUT MONEY INTO THIS GAME AND THEY WILL JUST NEVER FIX IT!!!!!! NOT FOR ANOTHER 3  MONTHS RIGHT?!?!?! Absolutely ridiculous. Joke of a company.  WE NEED TO GET THEM TO REVERT THE PATCH

0 Likes
perfctly
Elite

YOU GUYS ARE A JOKE EA AND RESPAWN. AN ABSOLUTE PATHETIC JOKE!!!

0 Likes
perfctly
Elite

WHYYY JUST WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! HOW?!?!??!?!??!?1!!!?!??!?!?!?!??!??!??!?!?!?!? WHAT THE ACTUAL F FIX IT NOW EA AND RESPAWN SOME PEOPLE PLAY IN TOURNAMENTS EVERY FRIDAY!!! YOU ARE SCREWING PEOPLE OUT OF THIER PASTTIME AND PASSION!!! F YOU GUYS!!!!!

perfctly
Elite

YOU THOUGHT I WAS MADS BEFORE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!??!?!?!??!?!?!??!1 I AM BEYOND MAD NOW LOSING IN TOURNAMENTS BECASUE THIS GAME AND ITS BRAIN DEAD DEVS DONT KNOW THEIR A    SS FROM A HOLE IN THE FKN GROUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!      FIX IT NOW DO YOU HEAR ME fffffiiiixxxxx iiiiiittttttt NNOOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWWW!!~!!!~!!!!!~!

Ea and respawn wont see your message here , and to be honest they dont give a **bleep** **bleep** about that , im experiencing the same issue as you and i played these 2 weeks without crashs but it came back after their 60 mb update , where they added a new sound to the shield and healing whats a beautifull update just to put back the crashs again , i mean do we even have any contact with respawn ? like can we talk to a developper or something ? i already talked to Ea support but they dont give a **bleep** littraly giving me some troubleshoots about my connection when im experiencing crashs with DXGI ERROR DEVICE HUNG APPLICATION , and AMD littraly told me to go and buy a new hardware ? for real ? x) i even gave them proooofs that im not the only one experiencing that problem but their answer still ( Ea support : Developpers are aware ) but apparently they dont care , (and Amd support : get a better hardware when im using their GPU   ) so yeah i'll just delete that game , its a dead game anyways

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

That is odd considering AMD had me send DXDiag files and SystemInfo files to them, ruling that the game is broken. You could contact EA or Respawn through emails and bug report tools, but that hasn't been working for me. At least AMD let me know according to my system files nothing is wrong with my hardware. EA and Respawn have yet to even acknowledge that this is a widespread issue. 

I'm frustrated because the two sessions I played were really fun, but the second resulted in the DXGI ERROR DEVICE HUNG crash. I had to reinstall drivers to fix it because after that second session my system crashed outside of the game.

This is an EA Respawn issue. I hope it is resolved soon. I also know I would rather play games that don't cause issues with my system's stability even after they close. 

This has been going on for months. I'm giving up on Apex and going to continue playing other games. 

0 Likes

and by the way , if you are good with game files , i can put your all the new Files that they added and modified in this patch + the files from the patch we had before ( with no crashs ) and if you wanna compare , maybe you gonna find the Actual file that is causing these crashs ?

https://steamdb.info/patchnotes/9603007/       ( thats the 29 september patch : the one with no crashs )

and thats the last one ( 13 october ) : https://steamdb.info/patchnotes/9672726/  

you can compare the changes if you want maybe you gonna find what is causing the crashs , i hope so ....

0 Likes
littlenezt
Adept III

ive been playing valorant lately lol,
i just played apex again yesterday and today, both sessions are about 1hour of playtime, havent crashed yet,  but i do notice that around the first 5 minutes of the game, there is a massive random FPS drop, i thought the game crashed but its not, i do experience the random fps drop on both sessions

0 Likes
perfctly
Elite

its probablyy something with EAC or the game ebgine itself, done with this garbage trash heap of a game. Terrible

I have gotten so tired of this not being fixed or being prioritized that I just moved on since the game is boring to me now lol. I moved onto overwatch 2 and mw2 until god of war ragnarok comes out haha...  

0 Likes
Damene
Journeyman III

Do you still crashing guys ? @perfctly  ???

0 Likes

Played like 4h today 0 crashes and have not crashed in weeks.

0 Likes