cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Bill_M
Journeyman III

Gigabyte RX 6750 XT Random lines - Please help.

Hello everybody.

I just recently picked up a Gigabyte Radeon RX 6750 XT Gaming OC 12G.  It seemed like the best bang for the buck out there, with numerous benchmarks putting it around the same performance as the 3070 - 3070 ti at an affordable price point.

Long story short, got everything installed, loaded the AMD Adrenalin Software, did all driver updates and loaded into a game - Jurassic World Evolution - release date 2018.

The playability was terrible.  I had all sorts of crazy lines flashing all over the screen and there was no rhyme or reason to it.

I tried another game - CSGO - one of the biggest games out there - same thing, but not as bad.  Lots of lines and flickers everywhere.

I tried Conan Exiles - Same issue.

I did some internet searching and people have been having this issue for a couple of years now.  To try and help people see what I'm seeing, I have linked a YouTube video that someone else posted 2 years ago that best represents the issue I am having.  If you watch the video you can see lines appearing and disappearing, as well as little tiny shapes flickering in and out.  It is quite upsetting to see this from a GPU.

Random lines appearing at Conqueror's Blade - YouTube <-- this YouTube video here.

I do not have experience with AMD Radeon GPUs... The last Radeon I owned was when it was still ATI.  

Other information:

Brand new build - 3 weeks old.

i5-13600KF

32GB Corsair memory

ASRock z790 PG Lightning motherboard (BIOS updated to most recent)

850W Corsair Gold Plus certified power supply with both the 8 pin and 6 pin running on separate lines to the GPU.

0 Likes
3 Replies
ThreeDee
Paragon

Are your Intel chipset drivers up to date? (go to Intel.com and run their driver update utility to make sure all your Intel bits and pieces are up to date)

Is your Windows install up to date?

Are you running separate power cables from your power supply to each power input on your GPU?

I was running the RX 6800 Gaming OC 16GB in my setup and it was a great card .. it's going to go in my daughter's setup now and her MSI 6700XT is going into my wife's setup (that is a great card too)

How is the air flow thru your case? How are your CPU/GPU temps?

I'd run Gigabyte's utility thing and check for an update vBIOS for your card .. might help, might not .. I was surprised to find and update for my RX 6800 when I ran it .. I wasn't having any issues though.. I just like to keep EVERYTHING up to date 

That video almost looks like VRAM that's overclocked too far or getting too hot .. you could try manually slowing the VRAM down a smidge and IF that fixes your woes after doing/checking all the above mentioned then contact Gigabyte and maybe do an RMA

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes
Bill_M
Journeyman III

Hi ThreeDee,

Thank you for the quick reply and ideas.

I'm going to try and respond to each of your comments in a list here.

1. According to the Intel website when I checked, it said: "No supported driver or software updates are available for your system".  I am taking this to mean I'm up to date.
  2. No Windows updates are available - all checked there.
  3. 100% separate 6 pin and 8 pin to the GPU
    1. I even re-seated the GPU to make sure it was in properly.
  4. Airflow is great - have a Corsair 4000D case, and the temps according to the Gigabyte software haven't cracked more than 58 degrees Celsius.
  5. According to Gigabyte Control Center - Everything is up to date.
  6. When I tried to customize my Memory Frequency in the Gigabyte Control Center, it wouldn't let me go any lower than 17984.  I can lower the GPU Clock and the Power & Voltage, but nothing else.

Any other ideas?  Thanks again.

0 Likes
Bill_M
Journeyman III

Additional update:

I tried loading Jurassic World Evolution 2 - Release date November 2021, and I don't see any of these lines/shapes flickering in it... yet... Will update as I explore more.

0 Likes