Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

barkata0x
Journeyman III

Weird GPU Articats - RX 580, green artifacts

Hello fellows,

I own a PC from a year ago, never opened for cleanup or check-up.

PC is in healthy state.

I had these artifacts from then ago, but soon they appeared again. After reinstalling OS, switched for a while to Windows for needs, I noticed weird green artifacts ongoing on my 60hz screen. In video playback, games, file exploration or even in GUI I see these mostly greenish screen glitches and artifacts. BIOS Settings were set on "Optimized ones". Any ideas or personal experiences?

Required specs:

GPU: XFX Radeon RX 580 8GB 256bit

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

RAM; 2x8 3000+Mhz "forgot manufactor brand"

PSU: "forgot manufactor brand" Gold 1250W

Motherboard: TUF Gaming B450Plus

1 Reply
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Is the PC dust free. I ask because you say it was never opened to be cleaned. 

If it's dusty I would clean all that out and try reseating the GPU. There have been times where debris got into the PCIE slot somehow and the components weren't making proper contact, causing issues like this. 

If you are on Windows I would do the following. I'm not familiar with the OS you listed at all so I have no input in the case you are using that.

If it's clean and properly seated I would boot to safe mode and use a program called DDU to completely uninstall GPU drivers and restart and install current drivers. 

Provided the problem is still there I would try other ways like command prompt in admin and run "sfc /scannow", and if that doesn't fix it I would restart, open command prompt in admin again and I would run "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth", then "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth", "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth"

In the event none of that works, I would try the GPU in another system and see if there is artifacting in that system. If it is you have something wrong with your card.

Good luck.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes