cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Baykal
Journeyman III

RX 6800M - Fans spinning or not spinning?

Dedicated GPU: RX 6800M

Driver version: 21.10.4

Laptop: ASUS ROG Strix G15 Adv R9-5900HX

Hello,

According to Radeon Software, my GPU Fan is at 0 RPM and fan tuning options are missing

According to Asus Armory software, GPU fan is at 4500 RPM
Currently I am running a game and GPU temp is 84C, whereas Junction temp is at 98

I think these temperatures are very high, so I am not sure what to do with the information from Armory and its not clear whether or not Radeon Software is bugged out.

The computer is brand new and I am worried that something wrong is my GPU. 

Kind Regards.

0 Likes
3 Replies

As far as I am aware Laptops don't come with a separate GPU Fan on it. The laptop has it own fan(s) to expel hot air from inside the laptop which cools all the hardware connected to the motherboard including the CPU and GPU.

So if you laptop is overheating then you need to check and make sure your laptop's vents are clean and the fan(s) are running.

You can monitor the laptop CPU and GPU temperatures to see if it is overheating or not. Possibly in BIOS settings you can make some changes to make the laptop run cooler.

0 Likes

This Upgrade Manual for your Asus Laptop shows it has two large internal fan assemblies:

Screenshot 2021-11-03 150948.png

It doesn't seem to be on top of any part of the motherboard electronic components. What Amoury Crate is reading are these two internal laptop fan assemblies.

0 Likes
WarringApposle
Journeyman III

So I happen to have the same Laptop as you. He is correct in that there is no seperate fan for GPU 2, at least not in the since that the AMD metrics shows. In Armory Crate though, there is the option to manualy set the fan speed for the GPU & CPU seperately according to various temp ranges. I typically just set mine to Turbo mode when playing games and have yet to see my temps break the 74* threshold``.

0 Likes