Current setup:

MOBO: GIGABYTE B450M DS3H

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600

GPU: Radeon 6800 XT

RAM: 32 GB 3600 MHz CL16

PSU: EVGA 750 GQ

Box: SilentiumPC Signum SG1V EVO TG ARGB

Monitor: 1080P resolution

So I swapped my 1660 Super for 6800 XT. With 1660 Super I didn't reach high FPS, but it was stable. As I swapped it for 6800 XT I started seeing much higher average FPS, but very low 1% and 0.1% FPS. For example, even in Rocket League I have 0 FPS in 1% low and 0.1% low.

Columns with FPS: current FPS; average FPS; 1% low; 0.1% low.

Rocket League: 144 (capped); 68; 0; 0

DayZ Standalone (all max. settings, heavy location); average is high after menu: 91; -; 0; 0 

Kingdom Come Deliverance (all max. settings): 137; 122; 1; 1

Cyberpunk 2077 (all max. settings; all ray tracing off; for some reason cannot take screenshot in game): 155; -; 12; 8

Before removing 1660 Super I uninstalled all NVidea drivers with DDU. After plugging in 6800 XT I installed AMD Adrenaline drivers. Tried switching voltage in windows settings (power options), did not help.

Could you please support or suggest what could be probable causes? I suppose that this is not a normal behavior.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Heilstein
Adept I

Hi there maksy,

if you are experiencing good average framerates with horrible stutter-like FPS freezes shown by 1% .1% lows, you should try to disable ULPS.

The easiest way to do this ist with MSI Afterburner. Go into the Settings of MSI Afterburner scroll down to the AMD Compability Settings and check the box to disable ULPS.

If you are comfortable with playing around in the Registry of Windows, you can open it up press Ctrl-F and search for 'EnableUlps'. Set the value to 0 to turn it off. 

ULPS is a powersaving setting, which sadly doesnt work well with most Games that gets installed with the AMD drivers everytime you install them. 

Hope this fixes it for you and makes this the Upgrade you wanted.

0 Likes