cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

y0308y
Adept II

vega 8 shared video memory

how i gonna decrease my hardware reserved. My hardware reserved is almost 2gb, how i gonna modify it?

And the 2gb hardware reserved is put in my vega 8 that i never always use.

My laptop spec is:

Amd ryzen 5 3550h with vega 8

rx 560x 4gb

12gb ram

Please fix this

0 Likes
8 Replies

In some laptop BIOS Settings your can increase or decrease the Integrated Graphics vRAM which will increase or decrease your Reserved RAM MEMORY.

Check to see if there is a BIOS Setting to decrease the amount of vRAM from 2GB to, I believe, the minimum of 5xx MB of vRAM.

If there isn't a BIOS setting then I suggest you open a Support ticket with your laptop manufacturer to find out how to decrease the amount of vRAM used by the Integrated Graphics of your Ryzen APU.

0 Likes
y0308y
Adept II

Thank you for your fast response !

I cannot access in my advance bios setting. How i gonna access in Support ticket?

0 Likes
y0308y
Adept II

can you give step by step on how i gonna access this support ticket. Thank you

0 Likes
y0308y
Adept II

is there any option to modify this hardware reserved. Except by bios

0 Likes

You never mentioned anything about your laptop as far as Manufacturer and Model of laptop. So I can't help you there.

Yes, BIOS is the only way to increase or decrease vRAM to the Integrated Graphics. But your BIOS must have that setting to be able to do that. Not all laptops allow you to change the Integrated Graphics vRAM.

If your laptop is made by HP or Asus or Lenovo or Acer or Dell, etc, than you can google your laptop model number and go to Support from there and then open a Support ticket and ask them.

0 Likes
y0308y
Adept II

ok my brand of my laptop is: acer nitro 5 an515-43-r41a

sorry for not mentioning that. But can you have any idea on how i gonna change that system reserved?

0 Likes

Here is ACER Support for the USA for your laptop driver download page: Product Support | Acer United States 

There are quite a few new drivers for your laptop to update including a newer version of BIOS.

If your Acer laptop still is under Warranty then contact them from here: Contact Acer | Quick Response for Tech and Customer Service 

If it is out of Warranty then you need to pay for support OR you can log on to Acer Community and ask your question there to see anyone can help you with your BIOS Settings: https://community.acer.com/en/categories/notebooks 

Otherwise I can't help anymore. You need to find out if your laptop supports changing the Integrated Graphic vRAM in BIOS or not.

If you find out it doesn't then you will have to live with your integrated graphics using 2 gbytes of RAM MEMORY from your laptop.

Thank you for your effort to reply my issue. Godbless you!!