cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

skycyclepilot
Adept II

MSI RX 5600 Gaming X Crashes

I just bought an MSI RX 5600 XT Gaming X graphics card about a week ago.  The first day, it crashed - black screen followed by a reboot - twice, while simply viewing YouTube videos.  This, in a system that had been running an RX 480 for years without issue.  I performed a safe mode DDU uninstall, then installed the latest drivers only, without the Adrenalin software.  And, a week later, it just crashed again - when changing tabs in Chrome.  It has yet to crash when gaming.

Again, this occurred in a system that had been running an RX 480 for years...  I'm running an ASRock X370 Gaming K4 board with a 3700x processor, 16 GB DDR4, NVMe drives, and a tier one EVGA 750 watt G2 power supply, all in a very well ventilated Antec 900 case.  I am running updated Windows 10 x64, latest motherboard BIOS, latest video card BIOS, etc.

I've got a couple of weeks before I have to decide whether to keep this card, and MSI has been no help.

Before I give up, and go back to my trusty RX 480, does anyone have any suggestions.

0 Likes
1 Reply
adamwowjkez0r
Adept II

BIOS 5.80? Windows 10 2004? Have you tried completely clearing CMOS and uninstalling the driver before installing a new graphics card? Ideally, after changing the video card, the driver should be completely removed and then installed cleanly, preferably version 20.4.2 WHQL. Also try playing with the GPU Scaling on / off, if you play with off.

0 Likes