cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

PHYQO
Journeyman III

Valorant lags and FPS drops.

Hello together, (sry for the bad english..)

I have lags and fps drops in valorant, especially when i see enemies, or the rounds loads in.

my PC:

Mainboard: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus (BIOS is updated to the newest

RAM: 2x 8GB on 3200 MHz (the XMP Profile is activated for the 3200MHz)

GPU: RADEON 6650XT from MSI

Power Supply: bequiet 600W 

What i've already done:

-windows updates

-amd gpu updates (newest adrenalin version)

-valorant is on performance mode (in amd adrenalin, so anti lag etc. Is activated)

- windows energy settings on performance

- tried cpu game boost in bios

- i tried gpu power boost in amd adrenalin

- i've activated the game mode and selected valorant.exe for performance in windows

- i installed every new (so deinstall amd chipset drivers, amd adrenalin, valorant etc. and installed it again)

years ago i had a geforce 1660 Super (way wesker then the 6650XT and i never hat stutters or fps drops with it, i cannot imagine, that my pc is too weak for valorant

I am really frustrated, because the problem is like unsolveable...

i am using a 144Hz Monitor from HP OMEN with AMD freesync. It's connectef with a displayport cable. The AMD Adrenalin software could find the monitor and the software optimized the connection between these components.

I know that I dindt had lags before, its like 3-4 Days now, where the lags starts.

I am not sure but I think it happened after the AMD Adrenalin Version update. I tried a downgrade but the amd setup didnt allows.

please can somone help me.

0 Likes
3 Replies
CamargooXD
Adept I

I also have this problem on my rx6600, before this gpu I had a very old 1060 and Valorant had no problems with it.

Did you manage to solve it?

0 Likes
gundo
Journeyman III

I am having the same issue with my RX 580 even if it goes up to 200+ it suddenly stutters sometimes and makes it very unplayable so far.

0 Likes
Silter
Journeyman III

check if the game files aren't corrupted. cause it basically might be it

0 Likes