Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

bilis
Journeyman III

TRIXX does not work with DRIVER newer than 21.2.1

Good evening, I have a SAPPHIRE RX 5700 XT NITRO+ SE that I bought used
If I install a newer driver than 21.2.1, the Fan check and nitro glow do not respond and the option for the secondary bios does not appear.
The fan check (shows that all three fans are problematic)
Nitro glow (the image below makes me cringe
(although in theory it lets me choose something else, when I press to change color it doesn't change)
Sapphire told me that with 23.12.1 it would work but it doesn't.
Now many programs do not respond because of an old driver
I have tried the following
reinstalling the drivers (The procedure was done with DDU)
changed to any DRIVER device
Reinstallation of windows 10 (I also tried with 11 but it is expensive the same)
Uninstall any other argb-rgb program
I have done all the updates
Sorry for the bad translation but I'm Greek and I don't know Englishddjk.png

0 Likes
12 Replies
Awol
Challenger

Where did you download Trix 9.6.3 ? According to the Sapphire site the latest is 9.6.0

0 Likes
bilis
Journeyman III

It was sent to me by Sapphire herself and the problem bat not is solved

0 Likes
Awol
Challenger

Do you have an argb cable connected from gpu to mobo? I used to have  Sapphire Niro+ RX6900XT SE and when I used a cable to sync with the motherboard I had issues. 

0 Likes
bilis
Journeyman III

I never use a cable for rgbs, but as i said i got the card used. not sure about the previous owner, or if this cable causes a long term issue. did it fix itself when you removed yours?

0 Likes
Awol
Challenger

Yes it did. Ran DDU and AMD clean up utility, uninstalled Trix and then did a clean install. Worked fine after that.

0 Likes
bilis
Journeyman III

first did you run the driver or trixx then DDU and AMD Cleanup Utility also what driver version did you have

0 Likes

I have used 3 trixx versions (since 2021) on my 6900xt (not SE) with no issues on any driver version.

You bought a used card, previous owner (or owners) may have made modifications to the card or its vbios.

Especially if it had been used for crypto mining.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

my friend, I checked the bios and it is stock

0 Likes

i have Trixx 9.6 and just checked, NitroGlow its working just fine with 24.2.1RBMYVq0wgt.png

i think the problem is on your end not AMD's fault...

0 Likes

I would think that the gpu has a defect, but if it had a defect, the logic is that it wouldn't work with DRIVER 21.1.1

0 Likes

Having the same problem new I have new rx7800 xt nitro +

the glow is working but I cannot change it, the fan check is not working properly and I dont have the bios switch option

0 Likes

I can confirm just now that after using ddu and reinstalling gpu drivers trixx work like it should

0 Likes