cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

StarGoldenAZ
Journeyman III

[ Solved ] AMD RX 5700 XT black flicker when alt tabbing from windowed fullscreen games

System:
AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
AMD Ryzen 5 2600
16GB DDR4 Memory
ASRock B450 Steel Legend w/ Bios version P3.40
Windows 11 Home Edition - version 22H2
Radeon Adrenaline Software - version 22.10.2

Ever since about a week ago, whenever I alt-tab into or out of a game on Windowed/Borderless fullscreen, the screen will flicker black for a second then return to normal, usually it would not blink/flicker black when alt tabbing but something changed, I did not update or downgrade my drivers before this issue, since then I have tried reinstalling various windows 11 versions of the drivers using the tried and trusted method (DDU + Safe Boot ) with none of them fixing the issue. I have also tried swapping out my HDMI cable and port to see if that was the issue, but it didn't change no matter what I did. I don't know if this is just a issue with Windows 11 or if there is a issue with my hardware, but if someone else has had this issue and found a way to fix it or the cause of the issue please let me know, thank you.

EDIT: Well it would appear I found a "solution", completely closing the driver software fixes the issue but I would like my drivers to be opened, I guess I just have to wait for AMD to release a update that fixes this issue.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Nah i had the same issue with w10 as well, but the REAL solution is to disable AMD External Events Client from starting up or ending it in task manager, after that the issue stopped.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Yokami
Journeyman III

Nope, still not fixed, I just bought an AMD Video Card and there it is, my first issue with it in the first day, heheheee

0 Likes
Angeluk
Challenger

Try windows 10, W11 is still not optimized. you may not have this issue with W10.

0 Likes

Nah i had the same issue with w10 as well, but the REAL solution is to disable AMD External Events Client from starting up or ending it in task manager, after that the issue stopped.

Thank you Sir. I was about to quit my gaming carreer and then found this little beauty here.

Issue solved since disabled this AMD client

0 Likes