cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

hetis
Journeyman III

The usage of my AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT video card in games is usually 60 - 80 %.

The usage of my AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT video card in games is usually 60 - 80 %.
Sometimes it falls even lower. Not a single processor core is 100% utilized, that is not the cause.
Machine specification:
CPU: r7 5700g
RAM: ddr4 3200mhz 2x8gb
power supply 750 Watts
I play from nvme ssd

I reinstalled Windows after DDU didn't work.
I tried all the drivers, the video card performs well in benchmarks.
Sometimes the fps drops almost to half. Some games stutter.
I play on Full HD. I turned off fullscreen optimization, but that didn't help either.
What else can I try to get 100% usage of the video card?
0 Likes
7 Replies
schookyy
Journeyman III

Hi! I have the same GPU with r7 5700x and have the same problem. I think CPU is bottlenecking the GPU:(

0 Likes
joelgermain
Adept I

I have teh same issue with some game, but not all. For the one that it happen, I saw that fully closing AMD experience host was a way to temporarely solve the problem and it did work for me. Modern warfare 2, I can play between 5 and 10 minutes before Experience Host restart and makes it lag. Same thing for Starfield. Avatar, no problem.
I run a 5700x and 32gig of ram with the 7800xt

0 Likes
KhrisBrincos
Adept I

For stutters and FPS drops, disable radeon antilag feature from the adrenalin panel that do the trick for me, for the usage, i will not worried about.... i have 5950x and 7900XT and the GPU is 80% only, the cpu 40% xDand you're agree there's no bottle neck there... if you want to push things, its very simple, go to adrenalin and create 1 virtual custom resolution 1 times higher than your monitor support, for example if youre 1080p, create a 2k resolution and you will see how the % of usage will raise

hope helps

0 Likes
bluesadam
Elite

From what it seems you are CPU bottlenecked.

0 Likes
macxd
Adept II

I got myself a 7800XT for x-mas, paired with 5600x 16 GB DDR 4 3200, and my GPU is 99% in all games.  If you are playing at 1080p then you most likely will not go passed the 60-80 usage.

0 Likes

Additionally, vsync on at 60 hz will drop usage as well. I think the 7800 xt could probably easily handle 1440p at 60 hz.

So yea, increase graphics options and/or even use VSR to increase resolution.

0 Likes
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

What's games are you trying to play? 

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
0 Likes