cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

tanazzz
Adept III

The grey screen blue lines issue is 100% GPU related

I've had grey screen + blue lines crashing with my 6950XT  for my entire time I've owned the gpu (1.5 years). I've read multiple people with the exact same issue with different architecture GPU's - some RDNA1, some RDNA2 and the issue even exists with RDNA3. I've done all of the run of the mill things like disabling MPO, reinstalling windows, clean driver installs and even flashing  custom BIOS. Nothing fixed it. The thing all users with this issue had in common is high refresh rate and / or 10 bit color multi monitor setups.  There's clearly a bandwidth issue or some kind of display protocol issue that causes these crashes and they happen at the most random of times. 

So let me get to the point - the issue is 100% GPU related. Many people speculate that it might be a Chipset driver problem or an unstable BIOS configuration but no - I am 1000% confident it's the GPU. How you ask? Because 3 months ago I bought a 4080 super and just swapped my 6950 XT with it. No windows reinstall, no difference in my BIOS configuration, only reinstalled AMD drivers with DDU -> installed Nvidia drivers. SAME.EXACT. SETUP. And I'm yet to have a single issue with grey screens/black screens/ crashes etc.

So yeah.. wanted to put that post out there in case people were still searching for "grey screen blue vertical lines". You should know that your GPU's the problem, and this has been a problem that's existed for at the very least 2 years, and clearly AMD have no intention to fix it.

0 Likes
0 Replies