cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Aserseven
Journeyman III

The fans on the graphics card speed up and slow down.

I was playing games, doing nothing, when suddenly the fans on the graphics Cards began to accelerate and slow down. They did it in 2-4 seconds and do it every 5-15 seconds. Moreover, no matter what game I go into, it's the same everywhere. I looked in the AMD settings, searched the Internet-nothing. I have an RX580.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Protiguous
Journeyman III

This is normal. The fans should spin up to move the heat away from the video card.

If you want to better control what temps (high temps will crash games) and fan speed (faster=more noise), there is a free utility called, "MSI Afterburner".

It lets you set a custom fan curve, and a host of other features (that I don't tinker with).

You can also set the option to load Afterburner on Windows startup. So it's something you don't have to tweak every time.

I had to adjust the interface to double size to make it user-friendly, but other than that, it's okay.

Ah, I would also remind you to check your computer case for a good and proper air flow to reduce heat buildup.

0 Likes

Will MSI Afterburner work? Because I have a motherboard from AsRock.

0 Likes

It still didn't help. The speed then increases and slows down sharply.

0 Likes

Hmm, maybe the fan control curve still needs to be adjusted?

In Settings, Fan, try tweaking the curve, the fan speed update period, and the hysteresis.

The period will only update every nnnn milliseconds, allowing the last set speed to stay at that speed for that amount of time regardless of any temp change.

And the hysteresis will basically 'ignore' that amount of temp change.

0 Likes