cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

4etk9
Journeyman III

Display adapter problem

I am having trouble with my display adapter, it was working just a few days ago but now it has an error. Its a laptop integrated card and couse of its not working my main laptop display doesnt eve turn on(if error doesnt show up it starts normaly). It says Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) and if I go to event details it has an error: Device PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_1636&SUBSYS_14551025&REV_C7\4&20c24d55&0&0041 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: display.inf

Class Guid: {4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

Service: BasicDisplay

Lower Filters: 

Upper Filters: 

Problem: 0x1F

Problem Status: 0xC01E0438

I have tried to update, roll back, and uninstall the drivers but it doesn't do anything as soon as I restart my pc, the yellow exclamation point is back with the same error. The graphics card also no longer displays on the task manager. I have also reset the pc twice both with keeping my files and a full wipe.

4etk9_0-1723534766283.png 

4etk9_1-1723534791120.png

0 Likes
5 Replies

you forgot to mention some very important data like the Make & Model of your AMD Laptop processor and your laptop's exact Make & Model.

Note: The Hardware ID indicates your AMD APU - "Renoir"

Try running your laptop's diagnostic to see if it shows any hardware/software issues.

If you reset your laptop (Reinstalled Windows OS) and each time the same thing occurred right after seems to strongly suggest a hardware issue. Most likely your laptop motherboard.

Have you tried a fully RECOVERY of your laptop?  Using a Recovery Disc/USB Flash drive or Cloud to put your laptop back to the way it was when you first purchased the laptop.

After that if the problem continues they you probably have a defective laptop.

0 Likes

Thank you for advice, its acen nitro 5 AN515-44, cpu - ryzen 5 4600H with radeon graphics, ive updated my bois and this error kep showing so ill try to roll back to previous bois version and check if problem is solved

fsadough

Make sure you have the laptop chipset driver installed:
AMD Ryzen™ and Athlon™ Mobile (Chipset) Drivers

0 Likes

ive downgraded bios to previous verssion, installed chipset driver you suggested, also installed new drivers:

4etk9_0-1723708976371.png

and now AMD software shows me this:

4etk9_1-1723709024625.png

error still here, i also noticed that if i disconnect the power cable at startup, the built-in monitor starts working, and the error disappears

0 Likes

If your laptop works fine on Battery, at least the Main display has video output,  but has issues on the laptop's power cable then it is a good chance the power cable might be defective or not inputting the correct voltages that your laptop needs to run correctly with.

As for your AMD Driver not being compatible with the your laptop's APU here, I believe, here is ACER SUPPORT Download page for your laptop: https://www.acer.com/us-en/support/product-support/AN515-44/downloads

Note: Please verify that is the correct ACER Download page for your exact ACER laptop model.

Try updating all your laptop's drivers using Acer's own updating laptop app or manually.

Remove your current AMD driver using DDU and install ACER OEM AMD Graphics driver and see if you see get the same error.

Screenshot 2024-08-15 121843.png

It that is the correct AMD OEM Driver for your laptop from Acer it should fix your issue of not being compatible since Acer's AMD OEM Drivers are 100% compatible.

If you are still getting the AMD error messages to Windows Device Manager and see if there are any errors especially under "Display".

NOTE: Many times Windows Update will automatically overwrite the newly installed AMD Driver with a incompatible version thus giving you that error.

If that is the case then you will need to disable Windows Driver update from installing drivers in your laptop.

0 Likes