Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

THMaSTeR07
Adept I

Switchable graphics and FPS drops in Valorant

Hello
I have two graphics, one from the AMD Radeon HD 7600M series and the other from the Intel HD 4000 via the valorant game control panel I put it on the amd graphics. In the custom part of the game, it goes up to 100 fps and sometimes up to 150, but when I go to match, not even fps 20.
I removed and installed the driver several times but it did not work.
What the problem?

0 Likes
8 Replies

In Windows 10 Settings your can choice whether you want the Intel Integrated Graphics or the AMD dGPU card (High Performance choice) for a specific program.

I believe you also need to have Windows Power plan - High Performance enabled. But not sure about that.

I am using Windows 7.
Powerplan is also on performance

0 Likes

Can you please post the EXACT MAKE & MODEL of your laptop?

The HD7600M Series isn't supported with AMD Driver updates anymore. The last drivers are from 2015 & 2016: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/amd-radeon-hd-7000m-series/amd-radeon-hd-7670m

The above AMD driver is compatible with all HD76xxM GPU cards.

Do you have an Intel or AMD APU Processor in your laptop?

My lap top is HP Pavilion G6
CPU: Intel core i7-3612QM
GPU: Intel HD 4000, AMD Radeon HD 7600M series

0 Likes

Hi,

Try accessing BIOS and check if there's an option to disable iGPU.

The Englishman

No, there is no such thing

0 Likes

Some game engines/game menu can run up high fps, that does not mean your graphics card will run the at those fps in game.

Have you checked with valorant support or game user forums on what your specs are capable of for the game ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

No, I did not check
But I do not think there is a difference between a "custom match" and a "unrated match"
Must have the same FPS that the "custom" gives in "unrated match"
The difference between FPS in "custom" and "unrated" is about 50 to 60 frames

0 Likes