cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

CoolJavelin
Journeyman III

Static EDID for FirePro 2450

Hello, people of the internet. I have a 4 port DVI board (ATI FirePro 2450) on a Win7 32-bit service pack 1 computer with 4 monitors attached.

The first monitor is using the DVI port all the way to the monitor, the other 3 have DVI to VGA adapters and older VGA monitors.

The 4 monitors are plugged into a power strip I use to power them off when not in use, but I leave the computer on and remote desktop in from time to time.

If the monitors are on when I reboot, I set them up with the resolutions I want and arrange the icons as I like. This setup survives further reboots.

If, on the other hand, the monitors are off and I do a reboot, then Windows changes the monitor resolution and positioning and rearranges the icons.

I have heard about something called static EDID. Is this something AMD supports for this video board and windows combination?

Thanks, Mark.

0 Likes
4 Replies

AMD Moderator of Pro GPU cards might be able to assist you with your question - @fsadough 

0 Likes
fsadough

You can save and use the EDID from one screen and deploy it onto other screens. There are many free tools available. I believe this option is still available on ATI Catalyst Control Panel for FirePro 2450

CoolJavelin
Journeyman III

Hello fsadough:

Thanks for the tip. I am working through installing the Catalyst Control Panel now, but because I am a bit OCD, I have some questions?

Currently, Windows is handling the displays to my satisfaction (except for the afore mentioned issue,) it is stable and I don't do any gaming or run videos.

1) If I install the Catalyst suit, must I use the AMD drivers for the board to get the benefits, or can I leave the Windows drivers?

2) Are the AMD drivers larger then the stock Windows drivers? Since this is a 32 bit system and only has 4GB of RAM, I like to conserve every byte I can.

Of course having the ability to force EDID will override my RAM or drivers issue.

Thank you for any advice you can offer.

Mark.

0 Likes

Many Users use tiny program called CRU (Custom Resolution Utility) in which you can change the EDID of your monitors.

0 Likes