Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

PrincessVamps
Journeyman III

Starfield - Geometric shapes flickering

Imgur video link https://imgur.com/a/g4paHKT

Lots of geometric shapes appearing all the time constantly, With a Radeon XTX 7900. Have tried the following:

- Restarting PC
- Verifying game files
- Moving install folder via steam
- Reinstalling graphics drivers and rolling back to the previous version
- Complete reinstall of all drivers for graphics.
- Reinstall of game.
- Clearing of pipeline file here "C:\Users\kirst\AppData\Local\Starfield"
- Changing all ingame graphics settings

Driver currently: Adrenalin 23.8.2 ( have tried on 23.8.1)

Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D 4.2 GHz 16-Core Processor
Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL36 Memory
Video Card: Asus TUF GAMING OC Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24 GB Video Card
Power Supply: Corsair RM1000e (2022) 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Home OEM - DVD 64-bit

5 Replies
chavuelo
Journeyman III

Hi PrincessVamps,

While I don't have a guaranteed fix for you, I can say that I experienced some graphical glitches (on various textures) right after changing some settings in Nvidia Control Panel. I also just read that turning off G-Sync and/or V-sync might help (look this up yourself, I could have some stuff mixed up). So, maybe you have a similar external software or some settings for your GPU that you changed some settings in? And even if not, hopefully this helps you think of some other places to look, or in some other way. Best of luck!

0 Likes
murlochieftain
Journeyman III

Did you figure anything out for this? I have the exact same issue and have been searching for a solution since I started playing the game. It has gotten especially bad the last two days. I have an i7-11700K and a 6900XT. For a little bit going to the AMD Adrenalin Software > Gaming > Graphics > Advanced > Reset Shader Cache worked, but even that doesn't seem to be doing anything anymore. This is the only thread I've found that actually has this issue online and I'm losing my damned mind over it, the game is getting extremely uncomfortable to play, especially when I'm not in my ship.

0 Likes

Not seen any myself, max settings (with fsr & vrs off) on 1440p monitor.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
PrincessVamps
Journeyman III

Unfortunately no, mines still broken. No matter what I do.

0 Likes
murlochieftain
Journeyman III

I totally forgot about this thread, but I found that quicksaving and then just immediately loading the quicksave made it go away temporarily. These days though the issue has just been happening a lot less, possibly not at all for me anymore.

0 Likes