Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Vequis
Journeyman III

Sapphire TOXIC RX 6900 XT Extreme Edition - Several Issues

Hi Everyone,

So I have had this card for around a year and a half, I have recently moved my pc to a new case and replaced my power supply as my previous one was quite old. So anyway... I have been having issues when using either the factory overclock settings or pretty much any other overclock settings. It seems to run quite hot (junction is 90oc+ on most demanding games). I get random hard restarts and had suspected my old PSU (it could only supply 40A on 12v, I read the 6900xt can draw 45A).

I have since contacted Sapphire and tbh they have been less than helpful overall, they sugested I do not overclock the card, which is fantastic considering I paid a fair sum over the stock 6900xt to get extra performance from said overclock.

I am also having issues with the LEDs for the fans on the radiator, I have seen a few other posts about this and Sapphire did reply with a new version of TriXX (9.1.8) which unfortunately has not helped, one of the fans seems to have resolved itself pria to this new software but the others are just in their own little disco mode.

I know its probably a long shot but has anyone else experienced these issues? Its quite frustrating for such an expensive card. Any feedback etc would be greatly appreciated.

To clarify I have tried DDU and have reinstalled Windows 10 recently (was on W10 before) and its exactly the same.

Regards

0 Likes
5 Replies
GreatnessRD
Miniboss

Just sounds to me like whatever manual overclock you're doing isn't stable. How does it run at stock settings with the factory overclock?

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
0 Likes

Hi,

The issue is the card does not have a overclocked flashed with the bios, you are basically supposed to go into the TriXX software and press the "TOXIC boost" button which applies the overclock. This is set to around 2700Mhz where as stock is around 2300mhz.

But even with manual overclocking at, say 2500mhz it is still causing restarts.

I know its a much more demanding card but I had a 1080ti with a large overclock on it before this and had no issues at all, even after 3+ years.

0 Likes

If its supposed to be factory overclocked and it isn't hitting the target numbers, sounds like it should be RMA'd.

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
0 Likes

Yea, this is what I am thinking, I have contacted Sapphire but they are not being too helpful so far sadly. I guess I will have to persist with them, was just wondering if anyone else had similar issues.

0 Likes

It's still early. Should see more activity on your post later in the day. Good luck, homie!

0 Likes