cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

JuissiJuha
Journeyman III

Sapphire RX 7800xt Nitro+ running quite hot

I have noticed that my Sapphire rx 7800xt Nitro+ runs at about 67-71 celsius core temp, but in many reviews of this card it seems to run at about 61c. Is this normal? Should i return it and get a new one of the same kind? I use Fractal designs Pop Air case and have the standard 3 fans in the case: two on the front and 1 at the back. I have also made sure that nothing is blocking the airflow and that the fans are installed properly. Also, the GPU is running on the default OC BIOS mode.

My GPU hotspot temp is around 86-88c

Thanks!

0 Likes
4 Replies

One exhaust fan is not enough to remove heat build up quick enough.

Add 1 or 2 pwm or controllable top fans.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Hi, thanks for the suggeston! Do you think that adding two more fans would get me about to the level of those temps in reviews?

0 Likes
FunkZ
Exemplar

Are the reviews testing the card on an open test bench system or in an actual case? Is the case used similar to yours, does it have the same number of fans in the same configuration? Does the test system use air or water cooling for the CPU? What games or applications do the reviews use to test temperature? All of these things can affect the GPU temps.

70°C with a 90°C hotspot on an overclocked card seems normal to me? You could try undervolting it if you're uncomfortable with those temps, or switch to the default BIOS.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes

Thanks for the answer! The OC mode is actually the default BIOS and also the one that runs the coolest. The other one slows the speed of the fans.

0 Likes