cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

knightfury
Journeyman III

SAPPHIRE RX 5700XT FAN STOPS SPINNING

The fans in my 5700xt stops spinning after boot. Then the fan will only spin during the next boot. Tried cleaning it, rolling back driver(currently running adrenaline 23.9.3). Nothing works. 

My setup is

Ryzen 5 3600

16gb vengeance pro 3600 (8x2) 

1 tb samsung evo m.2 SSD

Corsair 850w platinum 

0 Likes
7 Replies
exelanz
Journeyman III

@knightfury to my experience fans only spin when GPUs are put under load. If your GPU is not busy, fans will stop spinning.

Start up graphics heavy game and see if they start to spin.

0 Likes

My fan curve is adjusted to be at 25% minimum. So it should be spinning. Also although the fan is not spinning at all can speed is showing as 29 rpm 

0 Likes
Awol
Challenger

Use MSI Afterburner, you can set a custom fan curve. My fans always spin as ive set a minimum of 700rpm.

X570 Aorus Elite / Ryzen 9 5900X / Sapphire Nitro+ RX6900 XT SE / 64GB Quad Kit Kingston Fury Black 3600MHZ CL16 / RM1000 X PSU

0 Likes

Did that....  not working 

0 Likes
Awol
Challenger

Have you got Sapphire Trixx installed ? It has a fan check option. Also do you have zero fan option enabled in adrenaline ?

0 Likes

That's a negative on both.

0 Likes
edsan
Journeyman III

Hi,  I have a sort of same situatie here. My setup is also about the same. By Adrenalin the fans should alway minimal spin for about 20%

Have you find a resolution yet ?

By me, it started a couple of months a go.  After switching pci slot, the fans kicked in after about 10 minutes. It worked ok, but not stable. Sometimes I heard the fans at bootup (max for about 2 seconds) . Sometimes not, and they started later.

Since last week it's hopeless.

The things I tried:

cleaning, remove and install drivers, checking cables, turn my pc 90 degrees (in the hope that the card is more stable in the slot)

Latest thing:  If the pc is on, and I spin manual one fan, the software (adrelin, hwinfo) read the rmp (eg 24 or 179). The other fan gives no value change.

Well I ordered one new fan (a mistake, I thougt it comes by pair), I will try to replace one...

No MSFS 2020 for me now, cause with a couple of minutes the temp raises to 99c...

Ed (The Netherlands)

0 Likes