cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

extremewaderdude88
Journeyman III

SAPPHIRE PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XT 20GB GDDR6 PCI Express 4.0 x16 ATX Video Card 11323-02-20G Issue

I’m new to the community, just built my first pc and having an issue with my gpu playing cod mw3. I’m having microstutters even that I get pretty good fps from 150 to 300. I get very little ones and that really bothers me. It feels like lag or some kind of input lag or delay. gameplay should be fluid/smooth right? I have a ps5 and it doesn’t do that when I play mw3. I have tried everything to get rid of it without any success using amd adrenaline software. What am I doing wrong? 

This is my build.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GP73DZ?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR3U7Pcjgf4YJxYnrsgaS7jYb16PVWvI1MuN5r...

0 Likes
9 Replies
FunkZ
Paragon

That is a high frame rate, you are generating lots of frames that are providing no benefit - what is the refresh rate of your monitor? Have you tried setting a FPS cap? Have you tried enabling Adrenalin Anti-Lag feature?

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes

Exactly, my monitor is 144 hz. I haven’t done fps cap, what fps should I cap it to for mw3 if my monitor is 144 hz? 

0 Likes

Ohh for the anti lag feature on amd software, I haven’t noticed if it’s enabled or not. I would have to look when I get home from work tonight! 

0 Likes

144FPS

0 Likes

Yes Anti lag is on so what I did is turned on vsync so it would match my monitor hz and it’s smooth but the input lag is  bad! Microstuttering went away! Can’t complain though. I did another way around like you told me. Second option; I tried fps cap to 140 and fps was 144 steady but would drop a little then come back to 144 without vsync on but I noticed screen tearing on the floor while running around the map but no microstuutering or input lag. Is there a way to eliminate screen tearing  without turning on vsync? So that means I need to get a 240 or 360 hz monitor if I want to go for higher fps with smooth gameplay? 

0 Likes

If FPS cap is set to 140 but you're still seeing frame rate hit 144 and getting screen tear then the FPS cap must not be working.

If Vsync + Anti-lag isn't playing well either try disabling Freesync to your monitor.

0 Likes
JohWill
Adept II

First thing I would do check temps on gpu make sure your below 80c hot spot will be 90s.  So keep it 80s. If it’s hot either lower your clock and or voltage little by little.  You can use furmark or heaven to adjust and check temps on the fly.

second. Lower your ddr ram speed about 500-600 m/t. Little studders most likely is ddr speeds to high.

thirdly CPU boost or clock is too high or cpu getting up to max temp and throttling down.  You can do the same test like gpu but use cinebench to check on the fly.  Use the ryzen master software and check your speeds.  The auto OC and boosts are normally to high too.

fourth is cpu bottlenecking but normally that happens above 400fps. But an easy way to check is to just run your game in a higher Rez. Like 4k.

and also don’t use vsync. More issues than gains..  just my experience   A word of caution. 1080p it should bottleneck at the cpu.  You shouldn’t be anywhere near 1080p because the fps is so many the cpu can’t give out instructions fast enough.  

what you can look at is your metrics   Turn that on so it shows cpu usages and gpu memory temps usages while gaming.  See what your usages and temps are while you feel the studders.  Metrics is within the Adrenalin software.  Try not to use the auto over clock there. It’s just a guess and normally to fast.

good metrics:

cpu usage below 50 percent

cpu temp below 70-80c

gpu usage 100 but locking frame rate will lower.

gpu temp 80c or lower remember hot spot will be up to 15c hotter.

memory usage amount of used ddr

fps 1% lows.  Check this number too. You should only be dropping about 20 fps. Dropping 80-100fps something is getting in the way.. 

IF your unsure,  take a few screen shots and post them.  We will gladly help you out..

Don’t worry about trying to match screen hz with fps just yet.  Get a good frame rate first with no input lag or tearing.  It’s ok to go higher than your monitor hz.  Everything I play is 300-400 fps but monitor is locked to 180hz.  Super smooth.  

300-400fps isn’t a high rate as your playing a game.  For instance, if I get into a group of players the fps drops down to 220 or so.   It want the extra frames as a buffer to keep it above your monitor hz. If that makes sense.   I play mainly shooters so high frame rate and low frame ms time.  My rigs Avg is 4ms for frame gen and 380fps with monitor locked 180hz.  

Hey Johwill, I didn’t realize you were the last one to post! Wow you provided details, although I am not a computer wizard and do not know how to do those. I would need to learn how! I have been playing with vsync on since I posted 3 weeks ago, what I have noticed is that fps locked on 144 but last night fps started to declined and became unstable. When you mentioned don’t play with vsync on and it’ll cause more issues. I’m starting to notice that. You said I shouldn’t be anywhere near 1080? I have been playing on the top resolution, what’s your resolution you play on? 

0 Likes

My cpu temp runs around 64 and gpu temp  runs around 67 to 70 playing cod mw3. I usually play mp or wz 

0 Likes