cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Djeafskie
Journeyman III

Sapphire Nitro+ RX 5700XT - Fan Stuck at 29 RPM, Not Spinning, and fans LED No Light

Hello, I just need your help with my GPU. It seems that my GPU's fans are not spinning. It has been five months now, and they still aren't working. The fans are stuck at 29 RPM and do not rotate. I have already searched for many solutions online, but none of them work. I have tried disabling zero RPM, changing the GPU to another PCI slot, updating the BIOS on both the GPU and motherboard, and even conducting a stress test on the GPU where it reached 100 degrees Celsius, but still, nothing has resolved the issue. I also performed clean installations of AMD drivers, but the problem persists. Initially, I thought my fans were defective, which is why I ordered new fans. However, even after installing the new fans, they still do not work, and the fans have LEDs, but there is no light. Can you guys help me fix this issue? Please reply asap, thanks!

PC SPECS:

CPU: I7-10700

MOBO: MSI MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS

GPU: RX 5700XT 8GB SAPPHIRE NITRO+

RAM: 2X8GB HYPERX FURY 3200MHZ (16gb)

STORAGE: 512GB and 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 PRO M.2 SSD

POWER SUPPLY: SEASONIC FOCUS PLUS 750 GOLD

0 Likes
7 Replies

Suppose you have read all info on sapphire spec page, IFC.

Do you have any 3rd party OC/fan control Apps. (incl. mobo) installed as they may conflict & cause issues?

Then there is their bios switching (manual or software option)?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

I don't have any other apps or third-party applications that can control the fans or GPU in my system right now. I'm not sure if I installed anything in the past five months, except for the Sapphire Trixx software.

0 Likes

It is normal for the fans not spinning on idle (up to 50-60 C), so are they working when on a high load?

Run the GPU-Z render test to check.

And double check the cards bios switch is in position.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Yes, I have already stress-tested it, and the fans are not spinning even though it is at 100 degrees Celsius now.

0 Likes

Sounds like faulty card then?

Have you tried manually switching bios to different positions?

Did you clean install using https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601

0 Likes

Yes, I have already tried using AMD Cleanup, but nothing seems to work. I'm not sure if it's a faulty card because I've read about other people having the same problem as me. That's why I'm asking for help because I really want to fix this issue with my card.

0 Likes
Schecterz
Journeyman III

Have you found a fix? im experiencing the exact same issue where I have 0 control but my fans are constantly at full blast.

0 Likes