cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

InswingingYorker
Journeyman III

Sapphire 6600 black screen

Hey guys bought a second hand 6600 and I’m having a problem where the card turns on I see the fans spinning but no display what so ever. When I first got the card and plugged it in it worked fine played Helldivers with good performance then I turned it on one day and it stopped working. I’ve deleted and reinstalled the drivers I’ve updated my bios next thing is a reinstall of windows but i don’t think that’s gonna work. I know I’ve made 2 mistakes, buying second hand PC parts this was my first time and when I bought it he said he had the same problem but he’s happy to help fix it but I’ve done everything he’s said and it’s still not working. Is there somthing I’m missing? This is my first AMD card and my 980 works fine every time. Is there a fix or is it a bad card? I will try to get my money back if it doesn’t work.

CPU I5 10600k 16gb 3600mhz ram MSI Z490-A Pro Generic 1080p Samsung Monitor 

0 Likes
1 Reply
FunkZ
Paragon

For one, buying used is a gamble, sometimes you get lucky and you save some money. Sometimes you inherit someone else's problems.

If you're getting absolutely no video output out of the card either at POST or after booting the OS then it's likely not a driver or software issue it's a faulty card. If you purchased through a medium that allow for recourse you may want to seek it.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes