Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Stremon
Journeyman III

Ryzen 7 5700G - Version of AMD Software Is Not Compatible with current driver

Hi everyone,

I got replaced my CPU with a Ryzen 7 5700G, and I wanted to use the integrated GPU as secondary GPU, beside my Nvidia RTX graphic card.

So I made sure windows update didn't install any AMD drivers, I installed the official ones, but I still got the usual error message with the AMD drivers that prevents me to open AMD software.

The GPU itself is properly enabled and detected by the AMD installer, the drivers get installed correctly, it appears properly in the devices manager.

I tried using DDU to make a clean install, tried different iGPU option in the bios, manually installed the AMD drivers on it from the device manager, I even tried installing the windows update drivers, but nothing works.

I suspect that the AMD software is dumb with the detection, sees the Nvidia GPU as primary display device and blocks me out.

Is there anything else I can try to fix this out?

0 Likes
4 Replies
FunkZ
Exemplar

Check your driver version in either Device Manager or using something like GPU-Z. Make sure it is using the AMD driver for the Adrenalin version you're running. This is my 5700G running 24.7.1 on Win11.

5700G_Driver.jpg

5700G_GPU.jpg

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Ryzen R7 5700G | B550 Gaming X | 2x8GB G.Skill 4000 | Radeon Vega 8 IGP
Ryzen R5 5600 | B550 Gaming Edge | 4x8GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 6800XT
0 Likes
Stremon
Journeyman III

Thanks guys, I double checked both, and there is no issue with the drivers installed.

It's the proper one, but AMD Software is still blocking me.

Is there any way I can report the bug directly to AMD?

It's probably pointless, but unless anybody has the exact same issue and found a workaround I doubt I'll be able to solve it.

0 Likes

Disable or remove the nv card, then install the amd software.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes