Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

NaPokaz
Journeyman III

RX7900XTX 3 monitors crashing

Hi,

it will be a wild ride so buckle up.

My system is based on X570 chipset with 4x8GB of ram, 5800x3D and 7900XTX on top of that. (850W Corsair PSU, more on that later)

My system started crashing while using 3 FHD monitors, each as separate entity. It crash while some kind of game is running.( You name it: Diablo 2, Last Epoch, Diablo IV, Against the Storm, Gloomhaven).  Its fine browsing web and other application what hinted maybe at psu?

Crash is not happening when i'm using two monitors (in any configuration) or 3 of them connected by eyefinity.

What i have done so far :

Reinstalling drivers with ddu - drivers solo and with adrenaline

Reinstalling BIOS

Reinstalling chipset Drivers

Reinstalling every other driver i can think of (wi-fi, bt, monitors, pcielan)

Running clean BIOS

Running on different DP cables

Running on a different 1200w nzxt PSU

Reinstalling windows

Running under volted with low power target GPU

Deleted many not needed resolutions. (using SRE and CRU)

Updated to windows 11

Some things in registry

Running on an old GTX 960 solved this issue as well, worked well with 3 separate monitors.

Thermally everything is all right CPU around 75-80 degrees and GPU under stress test (which does not trigger crash) around 65 with delta to hot spot around 10 degrees.

Everything is fine if i'm running on just two or in ultrawide setup which is not optimal if i would like to set up youtube on full screen on my left, game in the middle and discord on my right. 

0 Likes
2 Replies
Fsociety00
Adept I

What cables are you using? DP or HDMI? There was a topic about the same issue as yours.

Using only HMDI or DP fixed the issue. You could try that.

0 Likes

Running on 3 new DP cables

0 Likes