cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

MathiSss
Adept I

RX7900 GRE White pixel flashing

Hey guys, I got a problem that happens on some games like Tarkov here.

I got white pixels appearing on my screen (I tried it happens also on my second screen so it's not a monitor problem).

This bug doesn't happen in every game, like I can play RDR2 in max settings and there is no problem.

So if someone knows how to fix that it would be really nice.

My specs : 

- Ryzen 7 5700X

- RX 7900 GRE

- 32gb of ram

Driver version : AMD adrenalin 24.6.1

Here is a video if you don't understand my problem (i'm not english sorry if it's not perfect) :

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/V4itpYSs0XY

0 Likes
1 Solution
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

Artifacting in a graphics card is somewhat associated with hardware failure. "Normally" ! There are obviously other exceptions and software errors.

Try underclocking/power limiting the card or test it in another system.

Do the most basic if you haven't already. DDU and reinstall the more up to date drivers, if it doesn't work, some older ones for troubleshooting purposes.

Change BIOS profile if your card has such a feature, like between quiet and performance.

Change renderer if the game has that option, like DX12 or Vulkan. Change the renderer on RDR2 to match the one in Tarkov to see if the problem occurs as well.

Since you haven't said anything about your PSU, whats the wattage?

Good Luck

The Englishman

View solution in original post

5 Replies
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

Artifacting in a graphics card is somewhat associated with hardware failure. "Normally" ! There are obviously other exceptions and software errors.

Try underclocking/power limiting the card or test it in another system.

Do the most basic if you haven't already. DDU and reinstall the more up to date drivers, if it doesn't work, some older ones for troubleshooting purposes.

Change BIOS profile if your card has such a feature, like between quiet and performance.

Change renderer if the game has that option, like DX12 or Vulkan. Change the renderer on RDR2 to match the one in Tarkov to see if the problem occurs as well.

Since you haven't said anything about your PSU, whats the wattage?

Good Luck

The Englishman

Hey, thanks for your answer i'm going to try what you said !

My PSU is a 850W

0 Likes

Thx the DDU thing worked for me !

Here's the real question that needs to be answered.

Why are we the consumer who is making an investment into their products required to do so much work to make their product that's expensive useable?

Nvidia doesn't have any of these issues and doesn't require their customers to take massive steps to use their products.

This is why my next GPU will be an Nvidia product.

0 Likes

@Jgcole83 wrote:

Nvidia doesn't have any of these issues and doesn't require their customers to take massive steps to use their products.

This is why my next GPU will be an Nvidia product.

As an IT with a good ammount of system admin in the mix, plus every precision now has a nvidia card on it, (Dell won't send us AMD anymore). nvidia is also a headache and suffer as much as any other brand.

If computers were problem free, I would be out of work.

The Englishman
0 Likes