cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

kdhru
Adept I

rx7800xt unable to set higher minimum clock rate / UPDATE: It works now!

WHen playing BR i have to use lower textures because the VRAM usage gets high even with low-mid settings.

The clockrate goes does not go above 1300 or so and drops relly low sometimes ingame.

Does the low clockrate not cost me some fps? 
I tried to set it to a higher minimum clock in the software center by turning the frequency up but it would have no effect even after a  system restart.

I have afterburner installed and i tried to change it via afterburner curve like i did with nvidia cards which also has no effect.

UPDATE: After uninstalling Afterburner it wiorked, the good thing is it only activates higher clock when game is started so energy saving is still possible.

0 Likes
1 Solution
kdhru
Adept I

UPdating here as well, everything works perfectly now, the higher minimum  clockrate i set in the Adrenalin Software seems to only apply when an intensive application is started,ths fixes the problem, that i had with other GPUs where i needed to restart my PC to apply  other GPU Clockrates to save some electricity , really helpful money and time saving  feature!!

I uninstalled MSI AFterburner as well since  i wont need it so i dont know if this had an effect also.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
kdhru
Adept I

I mean i guess i could use the left over power so to say to run vlc player on the second screen but would like to see how the game runs with full boost clock

0 Likes
kdhru
Adept I

UPdating here as well, everything works perfectly now, the higher minimum  clockrate i set in the Adrenalin Software seems to only apply when an intensive application is started,ths fixes the problem, that i had with other GPUs where i needed to restart my PC to apply  other GPU Clockrates to save some electricity , really helpful money and time saving  feature!!

I uninstalled MSI AFterburner as well since  i wont need it so i dont know if this had an effect also.

0 Likes