CPU Amd 5600X
RAM 16GB af Kington Fury RGB
Graphics card Asus Duel RT6650XT
Windows 11 Pro

Monitor setup is this
Lenovo G34w-10
Acer XB270H Rev.A

Problem.
The problem I have is that the resolution on my Acer monitor is locked to 640 * 480 and cannot be corrected.

What I have tried
If I start up in safe mode, both screens show the correct image / resolution. If I remove all graphics cards / display driver emd DDU, the screen shows the correct resolution. The moment I install the Amd adrenalin driver, then the Acer monitor change resolution to 640 * 480 and its locked to that resolution.
I have tried different drivers and am running on the lates one now.
I have tried with Windows 10 pro and Windows 11 Pro.

The temporary solution
I have then found that if I take the display cable out of the monitor and switch it off for approx. 30 sec and then plug in the cable and turn it on, then it goes back to to
tight resolution at 1920 * 1080. but I would like that I don't have to do it every time I have to use the computer

No problems with the Levono screen at all.

The system is stable and I don't experience anything else with it.

Ps. If I turn power on and off the Acer monitor , I can get full resolution 1920*1080 .. but thats not a solution

0 Likes
6 Replies
MistiWatson
Journeyman III

I am giving you a suggestion to Update the monitor firmware.

0 Likes

No, dont think I can, its a older monitor. But i'll look into it.

0 Likes
ChristopherRyan
Journeyman III

That's a great setup! Strange resolution issue with the Acer monitor. Have you contacted AMD or Asus support for assistance?

0 Likes

I have not contacted AMD or Asus about the problem. I wanted to hear in here if any here had or have the same problem. When I was using my old card Nvidia 1070 I never saw this.

0 Likes
ShariDebusk
Journeyman III

I never faced this issue.

0 Likes
Busserm
Journeyman III

I change the Acer monitor for a Samsung S24H65X model and now I dont have any resolution problem more.

My Son has a Geforce 1660 super and he is now using the Acer monitor and have not problems at all with the resolution.

I dont know if it can be that the Acer monitor is one of the first Gsync monitor on the market. and hardware in these older displays maybe not compatible with AMD cards.

But I made a solution that I can work with, since this screen is used as a secordary screen

0 Likes