cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

ixon
Journeyman III

RX5700XT frustrating bugs

Hello everyone, as i bought a PC with 5700xt some days ago, i have huge pain in ... with this card. Model is Gigabyte Windforce3x, with latest drivers 23.12.1 on win11. This card causes me so much frustration that am thinking about breaking it in peaces. Card randomly chooses which game it will play in fullscreen, but in most of times if just wont. First i saw problem with test apps, like Unigine Valley, wont play it in fullscreen mode, but does test without any problem in windowed mode. 3D mark have sound, and i can minimize 3dmark test with picture on monitor of windows,everything working, but in 3dmark its just black screen with my monitor going on and off with no signal message. Furmark test passing in fullscreen without problem on other side. Playing LOL, black screen in loading phase, everything works when i got in a game?! Would think that card is broken, but when i switch to windowed mode everything works??? Aside from black screen, theres too that screen like old TVs, going on and off every 2 secs. I really dont know what is matter with this card.

First i thougt it was related to heat, opened card, replaced thermal pads and thermalpaste, cleaned it - nothing changed.

Second i undervolted card with various options from 900 to 1150mv, got temperatures to drop like 20c on hotspot - SAME. Even more crashes on underclock?!

Really dont know what is matter with card. Could find a lot of topics, but nothing what should really could help, just guys giving basic assumptions. Am looking for help from someone who had similar experience, and know about this. Is there some fix or is there not, i would really appreciate it, because i cant handle this card anymore.

MSI B560mpro vdh motherboard, i5 11400f, 16gigs of ram, psu be quiet 500w.

Have tryed some other versions of drivers which i could find, didnt help me anything.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
0 Replies