cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

RX560 mouse sutters in games and desktop, tearing in games, windows10/11

PC spec: ryzen 5 5600, msi b450m pro-vdh max, 16gb ram xpg ddr4-3600, rx560 gaming oc 2gb, ssd sata, samsung monitor with dvi-d connection.
In windows10(22h2)/windows11(23h2) i got random mouse cursor stutters in desktop and in game. Seems gpu drops clock from 1287mhz to very low value and we have a stutters. Gpu temperatures are fine(from 40C to 65C). In game i got tearing/flickering. If i set max limit fps to 240 in game video settings then i dont have tearing and almost dont have mouse stutters. But if i alttabbed to desktop then i got mouse stutters. If i lock fps to 60 in game settings then i got massive mouse stutters and tearing/flickering in game. After few minutes stutters and tearing can go away at 60fps but after some period they back again. I tried many different things(restore default bios settings, change ram frequency, etc) to fix this issue but no luck.
On linux systems all working flawlessly, no mouse stutters, no tearing. Tested many drivers versions from amd site for gpu and chipset and this issue still persist. Also i got this issue on my prev am3+ build with rx560 video card few years ago and i switch to linux and dont use windows. In that time i thought that problem was in my old am3+ mobo, cuz latest bios version was from 2016 and i use hdd sata drive.
But now i got new rig and got the same issue. Is this problem in gpu driver or problem in windows? Or maybe my new mobo/cpu are defective and i need rma this pc parts and switch to intel?!

0 Likes
2 Solutions

This issue has me stumped. You should keep looking for help here, but you should also fill this out and see if AMD official support can help. Online Service Request

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB

View solution in original post

0 Likes

If you have stutters and gpu clock drops/vram clock drops then launch amd controlpanel go to perferences:
1)go to tunning
2)select custom profile
3)enable gpu tuning, enable advanced control, move cursor to highest gpu clock state bar, press mouse right click and choose set as min
4)enable vram tuning, enable advanced control, move cursor to highest gpu vram state bar, press mouse right click and choose set as min
5)be carefull, dont overclock your gpu or vram, only set the max p-state for gpu/vram as min p-state
6)press apply
7)check your gpu clock and vram clock
8)if you suddenly set different gpu/vram clock then press reset button. The reset button is located next to the apply settings button

Now i have the last problem with amd build - "Suddenly mouse speed changed by itsel". So i will create another thread for that.

View solution in original post

18 Replies
Balrogos
Adept III

1. Disable ULPS or set to Long

2. Is the power profile good?

3. Did u have enabled Radeon Chill?

0 Likes

tested 1-3, issue not fixed

0 Likes

Does it stutter at idle? Does GPU utilization drop when it stutters in game? You can view this by setting up the overlay in the performance tab of Adrenalin.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes

stutters may happends randomly even on desktop without playing any game. Also i got error. Device not started (amdwwdmg) in device manager. If i delete amd video driver and switch to default ms basic video driver then i dont have any mouse stutters. i dont clearly remember but this issue shown at 2018/2019 year on my old am3+ rig with rx560. So amd dont fix this issue even after 5 years later. Seems power management in video driver is broken. Also i cant manually set minimal gpu frequency in amd relive, cuz amd relive lock minimal gpu frequency at 200-300mhz

Have you tried other drivers that previously worked? 

0 Likes

If you try to install to old drivers then you got error at the end of installation. I tried many drivers(and even pro video drivers) but no luck

0 Likes

Many people said about problems with amd video cards. One of them:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/comments/mwo29a/amdwddmg_driver_issue/

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/all/device-not-started-amdwwdmg-error-for-amd-rade...

and many others. So i am not the only one person with this issue.

0 Likes

1. is Fast Boot enabled? If enabled disable it.

2. What if u uninstall the amdwddmg device in manager and restart PC

3. Chipset driver up to date?

4. Did you try SFC and DISM scans? to be sure system is ok

5. Did u try test RAM for errors?

Also i want u to try this fixes: 

1. https://helpx.adobe.com/substance-3d-painter/technical-support/technical-issues/gpu-issues/gpu-drive...

2. https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5157/~/after-updating-to-nvidia-game-ready-drive...

0 Likes

1. disable/enable secure boot, disable/enable fast boot change nothing. csm/uefi changed nothing

2. dont tested yet

3. tested many version of chipset drivers from amd site, from msi mobo site, drivers only from ms update center, same issue

4. repair windows with sfc scannow, dism resotre health, chkdsk /r changed nothing

5. ram tested with memtest86,memtest86+,windows 10/11 memory tester, no problems with ram in stock 2666 mode, no problems in 3200 mode. I dont use 3600mhz cuz you need to overclock infinity fab to 1800mhz. I use default inf fab clock 1600mhz for ryzen 5 series cpu. Disable/enable pbo changed nothing. Lock cpu at 3500mhz changed nothing. Experimenting with cpu voltage/soc voltage/memory voltage/memory timings/other settings in bios changed nothing

I am experienced pc user since 90's year

About additional fixes:

1. dont tested yet

2. dont tested yet

0 Likes

I have an idea. Try disabling Windows driver updates, using DDU or AMD Cleanup Utility to remove current drivers and then looking up the drivers on the AMD site. It's worth a shot.

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Solved: How to stop updates for drivers with Windows Updat... - AMD Community

Windows Update Replacing AMD Adrenalin Drivers? FIX it in 2 minutes! - YouTube

Guides to disable Windows driver downloads.

0 Likes

already tested this, no difference

0 Likes

all your suggestions didnt help.

but if i uninstall amdwddmg from device manager without delete drivers checkbox then after uninstalling device windows reinstall existed amd video driver and i got "message amdwddmg started" but it didnt help anyway. Even after reboot i got message amdwddmg started, but stutters anyway exist in my system

0 Likes

Have you tried reinstalling OS?

0 Likes

Reinstalled os many times. Seems amd driver cant properly recognize 3d application and drop gpu and vram clock to minimal for 2d application. AMD must learn how to write drivers for their product from linux opensource developers cuz i dont have problem with rx560 on linux(debian,arch) with mesa drivers.

0 Likes

This issue has me stumped. You should keep looking for help here, but you should also fill this out and see if AMD official support can help. Online Service Request

0 Likes

If you have stutters and gpu clock drops/vram clock drops then launch amd controlpanel go to perferences:
1)go to tunning
2)select custom profile
3)enable gpu tuning, enable advanced control, move cursor to highest gpu clock state bar, press mouse right click and choose set as min
4)enable vram tuning, enable advanced control, move cursor to highest gpu vram state bar, press mouse right click and choose set as min
5)be carefull, dont overclock your gpu or vram, only set the max p-state for gpu/vram as min p-state
6)press apply
7)check your gpu clock and vram clock
8)if you suddenly set different gpu/vram clock then press reset button. The reset button is located next to the apply settings button

Now i have the last problem with amd build - "Suddenly mouse speed changed by itsel". So i will create another thread for that.

Glad you found a workaround. Good luck with the mouse issue my friend.

0 Likes