cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

perddle
Journeyman III

Issues with RX 7900 XT Driver Timeout and Artifacting in new build

Help! New build worked fine for the first few days and it has gone downhill since.

Specs:

• Computer Type: Desktop

• GPU: Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 7900 XT 20 GB

• CPU: Intel Core i5-13600K 3.5GHz 14-Core Processor

• Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 UD AX ATX LGA1700

• BIOS Version:

• RAM: Mushkin Redline ST 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6400 CL32

• PSU: Cooler Master MWE Gold 850 - V2 850W 80+ Gold Certified

• Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh C RGB-X

• Operating System & Version: Windows 11 23H2

• GPU Drivers: 24.5.1 from Adrenaline 

• Chipset Drivers: 31.0.24033.1003 (honestly not sure how to find this but this is the number in Device Mgr > Display adapters > AMD Radeon RX > Driver > Driver Version)

• Monitor: single LG Ultrawide (3440 x 1440, 60Hz). Model is 34uc80-B

• Background Applications: Steam, Chrome, AMD Adrenaline

Description of Original Problem:

This is a brand new build following most of the specs of the 120 FPS Build on PC Master Race Build. First few hours of gaming, no issues that I recall. Then I received the "AMD software detected that a driver timeout has occurred on your system" out of the blue with Ghost Recon Wildlands after 3-4hrs of bug-free gameplay. Game would freeze and GPU would spike 0% to 100% to 0% to 100% nonstop. Closing the game in task manager brought the system back to being stable and functional. Driver timeout error would appear after this spiking behavior. Issue mostly came when entering the map in GRW. Fast forward a couple days and I noticed artifacts in GRW. Weird, flashing rectangular and triangular shapes all over the screen. Was not quite horizontal tearing but rather flashing, laggy shapes. Started noticing this in VTOL VR with my VR headset. Could see the artifacts both in the VR headset and on the monitor when I took off the headset. It feels like the artifacting is getting worse.

Troubleshooting:

Using 2 separate PCIe cables to PSU. Uninstalled and reinstalled AMD drivers. AMD Driver-Only install, no Adrenaline. Adjusted more settings that I can recall in Adrenaline based on other blogs/forums/posts. Uninstalled and reinstalled Windows 11. Uninstalled and reinstalled both Ghost Recon Wildlands and VTOL VR. Tried ultra low graphics settings. Disabled MPO. Played around with vsync. Reseated the GPU, RAM, SSD. Ran 3DMark which passed with flying colors. At a complete loss at this point but unsure why it worked well the first few days then have seen more and more issues. Anyone with experience on this? There are tons of posts on various elements of this challenge but I’m stumped at this point.

Artifacting in VTOL VR - these weird triangle/rectangle shapes flash across both the monitor and inside the VR headset ever few seconds

image_123650291.JPG

0 Likes
0 Replies