cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Mike91
Journeyman III

RX 7900 XTX error code 43, freeze my PC and blue screen.

Hello.

After about two months from the first start of my PC, I started to have these three problems with my graphics card Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7900 XTX Vapor-X:

1) Always when I turn on the PC or restart it, the video card driver does not start and it shows me the error Code 43 in the device manager. I have to restart the PC about 5 times or even more times for the driver to start.

At the begining, in the first two months after I built my PC, I didn't have this problem, everything was fine.

I updated my Asus motherboard BIOS, I updated the PC drivers and the problem did not disappeared. I uninstalled the video driver in safe mode with AMD cleaner, then I reinstalled it in normal mode and the problem is still there.

When I build my PC, I start with the AMD video driver 23.8.2, and it went well for about 2 months while also I installing the new drivers updates. I try with oldest drivers, from penultimate driver until 23.7.1 and nothing resolved. Now even the old drivers don't work anymore.

2) Very often, when the video driver gets start, within about 5 minutes the pc freezes and I have to reset it.

If the video driver start on the next boot after I reset the PC from button, the PC will not freeze and work fine, but if the driver start after I restart my PC with Windows restart, it will freeze again in about 5 minutes.

Sometimes it would recover after being frozen and show me a "driver timeout" error. The PC not freeze when the video driver not start.

Even with older drivers I have the same problem.

3) Sometimes after the video driver starts, the PC frozen for only about 3 seconds then shows me a blue screen with this error DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION, then it restarts.

I checked the Driver Verifier Manager and it has no settings enabled, but I still ran the "Delete existing settings" option. After I ran this option two days ago, the error seems to have disappeared for now.

Even with older drivers I have the same problem.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC specs are:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-13900K

Motherboard: ASUS PRIME Z790-P

Memory: Kingston FURY Beast 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL40

SSD: WD Blue 3D NAND, 4TB

PSU: Corsair RM1000x

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The error Code 43 can be fixed through a GPU bios update ?

My VGA BIOS version is 022.001.002.012 (11.01.2023 3:57). I find a new version on https://www.techpowerup.com, that has the same device ID and subsystem ID with my current video card, but is in the category "Unverified Uploads". Is safe to install a bios from that category ? Can I download the bios file from an AMD official site ?

The bios I found is this: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/260637/260637

If someone can help me, I appreciate it.

0 Likes
7 Replies
FunkZ
Exemplar

Have you contacted Sapphire for support? I wouldn't go flashing BIOS to your card unless it came from or directed to by Sapphire.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes
kalo86
Adept I

Hello everyone,

I have the same issue with a brand new PC with the Asus TUF Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition.

At every cold start, Windows 11 Professional boots with a very bad resolution (1204x768 most likely) and in Device Manager the AMD GPU shows the error code 43.

I tried everything about drivers, Adrenalin software, removing the old drivers, installing the most recent from AMD, the one from Asus TUF --> nothing.

I tried even disabling the FreeSync --> nothing.

The technical support asked me to try to use another wall plug from a different room but again, the problem exists. I notice much more issues with the latest driver (installed yesterday).

This is the PC configuration:
CPU: Intel Core i9-14900KF
MBO: ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-E GAMING, WiFi
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX, 24GB, 420W (Asus TUF OC)
RAM: 64GB (2x 32GB Kit) DDR5-6000 CL30, G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB
SSD: 1TB Samsung 990 Pro, M.2 PCIe 4.0
PSU: 1000W ASUS ROG Strix Gold Aura
FAN: Corsair iCUE LINK H170i RGB, AIO
0 Likes

Hi,

I have almost the same build as yours. Try going into "Run" and type "msconfig," then go to "Services." Check the box at the bottom to hide all the Microsoft services. After that, click on "Disable all services."  Restart your computer and see if that helps. Afterward, you're going to have to narrow down one by one which service is causing the issue.

My problem was Armoury Crate and iCUE were not compatible for some reason; they caused the GPU/GPU driver to restart/reset every time I played a game.

For my case, I uninstalled iCUE, and I removed all the bloatware from Armoury Crate. Ever since then, there have been any BSODs. It has been over a week now with no blue screen or display going black.

Hopefully this help, you can go to Control Panel > Search for Event Viewer > Under System Event, look for those warning or error event that happened before the previous shutdown or critical kernal error. 

0 Likes
Mike91
Journeyman III

I tried all of these: I disabled ULPS, I disabled MPO, I disabled FreeSync, I disabled fast startup, I disabled fast boot, I increased the TDR delay to 60, I set power plan to High Performance, I set monitor resfresh rate to 60Hz, I change my PSU and its cables to Corsair AX1600i (I wanted to change it anyway). None of this solved any problem.

0 Likes
itsjunt
Journeyman III

Try going into 'Run' and type 'msconfig,' then go to 'Services.' Check the box at the bottom to hide all the Microsoft services. After that, click on 'Disable all services.' Restart your computer and see if that helps. Afterward, you're going to have to narrow down one by one which service is causing the issue.

My problem was Armoury Crate and iCUE were not compatible for some reason; they caused the GPU/GPU driver to restart/reset every time I played a game. I've read on ASUS forum and other forums that it might have to do with the ARGB from the MOBO, GPU, RAM that is in conflict with each other via AC and iCUE. Since you can't just uninstall Armoury Crate, you'll just have to uninstall iCUE and delete all that Armoury Crate bloatware that isn't important.

For my case, I uninstalled iCUE, and I removed all the bloatware from Armoury Crate. Ever since then, there have been no BSODs. It has been over a week now with no blue screens or display going black.

Hopefully, this helps. You can go to Control Panel > Search for Event Viewer > Under System Event, look for those warning or error events that happened before the previous shutdown or critical kernel error. By the way, Event Viewer doesn't really pinpoint the exact reason for why it caused the error; it will only show you which error happened. You'll just have to find out what is causing it to lead to that critical error.

My suspicion is that Armoury Crate is not compatible with one of the services that you are using.
EXAMPLE: it can be ARGB, 3rd party APP(iCUE), driver, or even simple things like your headset or controller you plugged in.

0 Likes

Friends, I always have the same problem as you when cold starting the computer. When I restart the computer, the problem is solved. I closed non-Windows applications from msconfig services. Only 2 applications of Kaspersky virus program are running. I couldn't solve the problem. I deleted the driver and reinstalled it but it didn't work. Maybe the 24.1.1 update is the problem?

Is there anyone who can solve this problem?

0 Likes

I turned off all non-Microsoft services in "msconfig", except Kaspersky antivirus, and the problems are still there.

I disabled "PCI Express Native Power Management" in bios and nothing happened.

The video driver works fine only on the next boot after I reset the PC from button...

I will try to reinstall the Windows, maybe this will help.

0 Likes