Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

zer0inf
Journeyman III

RX 7900 XTX Compatibilities

Hi there !  I have simply question ,
I purchased a RX 7900 XTX and after installed the entry system is slow . can someone tell me if the Video Card is compatible with motherboard  ?  Thanks !
Hardware report . https://privatebin.net/?fcd223505cb93c3e#6xLLLMY5XwBBVbjJU1xcMUtPQFEqjDzqGeaMcfGcyGee 
RX 7900 XTX.gif

0 Likes
1 Solution

The first value PCIe X16 4.0 means your graphics card supports PCIe 4.0 generation and a bandwidth of x16.

Second value of x16 3.0 means it is currently running at PCIe 3.0 generation and a bandwidth of x16.

This means your motherboard does not support PCIe 4.0 generation. Now, this really should not affect performance as far as I know. But yes, if you buy a motherboard that supports PCIe 4.0 generation, your graphics card will run at PCIe 4.0 x16 mode.

If your motherboard has the features you want and does its job properly, I don't think you really need to upgrade. I don't think switching to PCIe gen 4.0 will affect GPU performance or at the best case scenario you will get minor improvements. So it is something you need to research and decide for yourself.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
bluesadam
Elite

Yes, your GPU is compatible with the motherboard.

Motherboard models determine CPU compatibility, not GPU, unless your motherboard is very, very old.

0 Likes
zer0inf
Journeyman III

Thanks for your reply . Last Question  about " Bus Interface "  [ PCle x 16 4.0 @x16 3.0 ] , this mean i need to replace my MB with new one , correct ?

0 Likes

The first value PCIe X16 4.0 means your graphics card supports PCIe 4.0 generation and a bandwidth of x16.

Second value of x16 3.0 means it is currently running at PCIe 3.0 generation and a bandwidth of x16.

This means your motherboard does not support PCIe 4.0 generation. Now, this really should not affect performance as far as I know. But yes, if you buy a motherboard that supports PCIe 4.0 generation, your graphics card will run at PCIe 4.0 x16 mode.

If your motherboard has the features you want and does its job properly, I don't think you really need to upgrade. I don't think switching to PCIe gen 4.0 will affect GPU performance or at the best case scenario you will get minor improvements. So it is something you need to research and decide for yourself.

Hope this helps.