Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

kalo86
Adept I

RX 7900 XTX brand new error code 43

Hello everyone,

I have a big issue with a brand new PC with the Asus TUF Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition.

At every cold start, Windows 11 Professional boots with a very bad resolution (1204x768 most likely or even less) and in Device Manager the AMD GPU shows the error code 43.

I tried everything about drivers, Adrenalin software, removing the old drivers, installing the most recent from AMD, the one from Asus TUF --> nothing.

I tried even disabling the Free Sync --> nothing.

The technical support asked me to try to use another wall plug from a different room but again, the problem exists. I notice much more issues with the latest driver (installed yesterday).

This is the PC configuration:
- CPU: Intel Core i9-14900KF
- MBO: ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-E GAMING, WiFi
- GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX, 24GB, 420W (Asus TUF OC)
- RAM: 64GB (2x 32GB Kit) DDR5-6000 CL30, G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB
- SSD: 1TB Samsung 990 Pro, M.2 PCIe 4.0
- PSU: 1000W ASUS ROG Strix Gold Aura
- FAN: Corsair iCUE LINK H170i RGB, AIO
- External monitor: LG UltraWide 38WN95CP-W (3840x1600, 38") with DisplayPort cable

0 Likes
1 Solution
kalo86
Adept I

Yesterday I received the replacement of the GPU (exactly the same model Asus TUF 7900XTX OC edition).

Up to now, the problem seems to be solved. The new graphic card is not affected by the issue described before.

I hope that this chapter is closed.

This post is just to update all you regarding my experience.

Best regards,
kalo86

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
kalo86
Adept I

Yesterday I received the replacement of the GPU (exactly the same model Asus TUF 7900XTX OC edition).

Up to now, the problem seems to be solved. The new graphic card is not affected by the issue described before.

I hope that this chapter is closed.

This post is just to update all you regarding my experience.

Best regards,
kalo86

0 Likes