cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

dankslipper
Journeyman III

Presumably dead display ports on RX 6800

I've had this card for about a month and a couple weeks ago two of my three monitors stopped working. Both of the monitors that stopped working were on display port, one of them is using HDMI to DP, my third is on HDMI. I moved my main monitor to the 3rd display port and it started working again. Eventually the other monitor started working after restarting a few times. One of the display ports permanently stopped working.

Yesterday the two display port monitors stopped working again, after a restart, my main monitor started working and it seems like the other display port is also broken. I am down to only one display port and the HDMI.

I doubt it has anything to do with my monitors or cables since the monitors work flawlessly on other devices and the cable for both monitors work fine as well. If I move my 2nd monitor to the main DP I'm using it works fine.

I have spent many hours now unplugging everything and moving cables around, powering off, unplugging, restarting and everything in between. I used DDU when I installed the GPU. I have used DDU many more times trying countless driver versions and they all have the same result.

It is unacceptable how common this issue is honestly. I hope there is a fix because I also don't think I can RMA my card since I had to cut the plastic shroud just to fit it into my case because it's the biggest GPU I've ever seen in my life. I do know that cutting the plastic has absolutely nothing to do with this issue since I definitely didn't damage anything in the process.

0 Likes
2 Replies
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

You said you've unplugged everything, but let me add something else for you to try.

Take the card out, inspect the pins on the board and on the card for damage, clean then with isopropyl. Reseat it again and use sepparated power connectors, no daisy chain.

You could also try for troubleshooting sake, move the card to another PCIe slot if you have one available.

It could be a long shot but why not try.

Good Luck

The Englishman
0 Likes
Hardwood
Paragon

I had a similar issue and I too  use two DP and one HDMI monitor. HDMI output is the default for the AMD cards apparently. Turns  out it was the Windows default AMD driver messing with me. To fix, go into updates and make sure driver updates are disabled or paused etc.. And when using DDU ensure it disables windows driver update too.  Try another install using DDU to ensure the driver downloads are Prevented on Advanced Options at the bottom.

Also: check this link. https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/windows-update-may-have-automatically-replaced-your-am...

ASUS TUF X570 wifi, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, ASRock 6700XT Challenger, Antec Truepower new 700w. 32GB
0 Likes