cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

syke
Journeyman III

RX 7700XT + Oculus Rift S VR double rendering and stutter issue

Hi, I recently bought a RX 7700XT Nitro+ and a Ryzen 5 5600 to replace my old RX580 and Ryzen 5 1600. I was really disappointed to find out that this upgrade is causing an issue I did not have in the past with my Oculus Rift S headset.

The issue I'm having is a double image rendering/vision and stuttering which occurs once every 5 minutes or so and lasts at least 10 seconds on each occurence before everything goes back to normal.

I know that people complained about this in other discussions as well and nobody found a solution (except for selling their AMD card and buy an NVIDIA one) for this and neither did AMD provided a real fix after several months. 

My purpose with this discussion would be to raise again awareness about these VR issues and hope that AMD will finally do something about them.

0 Likes
4 Replies

I sold my rift S a couple years ago but the guy I sold it to runs a 7000 series AMD gpu and says it runs great on his system. Here's what I would do. Uninstall your current graphics driver and run the AMD cleanup utility to get rid of old driver and configuration leftovers in safe mode. Install the latest Adrenaline driver and run the headset setup routine again and see if that cures it. Keep us posted on the result.

0 Likes
syke
Journeyman III

I already did all you mentioned, but I did it again now and the results are the same unfortunately.

0 Likes

I feel your pain. I had to wait 9 months for Pimax and AMD to fix my vr stuff. Still worth the wait to me but no VR fun for that long had me thinking about going back to fishing as it can be just as boring. Seriously your rig should be working. Paralell projection get turned on in your vr settings? Try to toggle that in vr settings as certain games require it be on and other it must be off.

0 Likes

Crap that headset doesn't use it I think since the screens aren't canted sorry.

0 Likes