cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Jimmy59
Adept I

rx 6800 XT tuf gaming problem

Hello I have a problem with my rx 6800 xt. I bought my card 3 years ago after a month it was already messing up black screen etc. They exchanged it for me and today 3 years later I am bothered again...

The problem is that my card disconnects which causes me black screens when I say it disconnects in fact, I have to touch it in the tower or move it very very gently to get the display back.... the phenomenon occurs much more when the card is used.
I thought at first it was my pci port on my motherboard but the second slot does the same thing and on another computer too. At 1200 euros the graphics card that's it..

Has this happened to anyone else?
A big thank you.

18 Replies
eebiii
Forerunner

Compress air all of those pci-e slots. Give your cards interface a good alcohol cleaning. If that doesn't work, maybe just be a bad HDMI / Display port cable. Did you try changing that out? I don't see any of your specs so I am guessing. lol Do you have dedicated lines running to the GPU from the PSU? PSU could be an issue but depends on the other parts in the system. 

0 Likes

Good evening, so I have already tested everything you said. With my old GPU rx 480 x gaming everything is fine, I even moved the card in all directions in the tower and everything is fine.
On the other hand with my 6800xt when I manage to have the screen for the little that my tower moves bam I have a black screen.

if you want I play quietly I wanted to change position on my chair and my knees to type under the desk, and directly after that I had a black screen and that's when my card started to mess up

i'm sorry for my english i'm french 

0 Likes

Testing with the rx 480 only maybe verifies your PCIE slot is working. IT doesn't take into consideration the 6800 xt is a much larger heavier card for example. I would be curious if your having an issue related to GPU sag.

Do you have a gpu support bracket you could use?

Can you try laying the tower on it's side and see if you have any issues?

Perhaps if the case allows an alternate gpu mounting location with a pcie extender cable?

I suspect maybe overtime gpu sag is causing an issue somewhere with connection, either pcie slot or possibly elsewhere on the pcb of the gpu and or heatsink contact.

Having the card in an alternate position might help but may not be a solution if you have to lay it sideways which may cause issues with your space.

0 Likes

It almost sounds like one of connecters on your Gpu is either bad or dirty but what's weird to me is your systems matched a computer I had long time ago that had a bad PSU and once I replaced it the bumping issues with it turning off and blue screens were gone but before you go trying another power supply try cleaning everything real good and if that's a no go id start the process of elimination and start swapping parts to check for changes

Adam J Martin
0 Likes
Jimmy59
Adept I

Hello, I have news, I put my graphics card in the oven as a last resort... When I plugged it back in, the problem was still there.
Since yesterday I managed to make it work even in games, in fact my GPU has a problem in the PCI-E connector. I had to find a system with a wedge that pushes it down, the fact that it is pressed on top makes it work normally.
Do you think it's the PCI port and that it is HS?

0 Likes
eebiii
Forerunner

I would say the pci-e port, but I am usually wrong. Maybe it just needs some new thermal grease applied? take HS off and do a good cleaning and replace the memory thermal pads and put some new grease on. and by taking it apart and doing that you would eliminate that being an issue. 

Make sure all the MB drivers are up to date also. To me everything pointing to MB pci-e slots but like I said I am usually wrong.

0 Likes

Good evening eebii, All the drivers are up to date. For the thermal paste it's done then I put it in the oven for 20 minutes at 220 ° I spoke too quickly my gpu no longer works as soon as I launch a game after a few minutes my screen starts to make black screens come back black screens come back with the jerky sound .... my gpu really died ?? because for office videos etc I have no problem with it is as soon as I play ... is not my power supply I tried it on 2 other PCs the results are the same

Well that sux. 

Well are you thinking 6000 or 7000 series? lol 

When I see TUF next to the part I assume it will last forever but that is not reality. I have had AMD and Nvidia TUF cards and always had good luck but I also would only use them for a little while and then sell and upgrade. 

IMO, 3 years is not enough time. Video cards should last 5+ years.

0 Likes
Ninjascroll188
Journeyman III

Hi can someone please help me? I have had RX6800 XT card for just 9 months from ebay second hand, although normal use of PC is fine, but whenever I game, any game I play with quality (performance) resolutions, the PC pretty much crashes. The screen goes black and even if the PC restarts, the screen remains black as if not input is detected. So, I have to turn it off restart it again for it to work and the screen to come back on. 

I have checked event viewer, and I seem to be getting this error;

Faulting application name: atieclxx.exe
Version: 32.0.11029.1008
Time stamp: 0x6694a0c5
Faulting module name: atiadlxx.dll_unloaded
Version: 32.0.11029.1008
Time stamp: 0x6694a07a
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000c3640
Faulting process id: 0x0xC64
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DAF19C0DDB991A
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\u0405988.inf_amd64_4848c4ddcd38443b\B405281\atieclxx.exe
Faulting module path: atiadlxx.dll

Hopefully a mod looks in and see's your issue @Ninjascroll188. Error codes might be a simple fix for them.

Also post the specs to your PC if you can. MB, CPU, RAM, PSU, VC

0 Likes

AMD Ryzen 5 7600 

Asus TUF Radeon RX 6800XT GPU

MSI Por B650M-A WIFI Motherboard

Kingston Fury Beast 16 GB DDR5 - 6000

Corsair RM750e Power Supply

Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB SSD + Crucial 2 TB SSD

Thermalright Peerless 120 CPU Cooler

Samsung Odyssey G75T 32"

So far I have experienced this issue on Residential Evil 3, MW3, Saints Row 5, Ready or Not 

0 Likes

We can try, i am just a random dude who hopes to help.

So i think based on what you have stated we can assume, the gpu/system works fine in a low power state.

When gaming crashes could be many things, First foremost i would monitor temps both core temp, hotspot/edge temp, memory junction temps etc.  Use a program like Radeon adrenaline performance overlay. OR you can use, GPU-z program , or the best option to use is HWinfo and monitor as well.

Also, is cpu/gpu overclocked?

I would suspect a temp or power issue based on your current findings.

0 Likes

Hello redteam, I don't know if you were answering me. Indeed not 100% sure, but I managed to play elden ring without knowing the slightest problem, the use of my gpu was not at 100%. The temperatures of the card (gpu) do not exceed 71 degrees and the hotspot does not exceed 95 degrees. My gpu has never been OC

i even underclocked my gpu put my fans fast so as not to exceed 62 degrees but nothing works .....
i played bf2042 I managed to do a game and half of one when the screen started to flash gray and then black with the sound starting to stutter, before my game crashed showing me directx error accompanied by the same error message from AMD adrenaline

i tried my card on 3 computers without result. I want to say again that if I tap my gpu very very lightly with my fingernails on the blackplate my screen will start to jump and go black until my card more or less finds the right position. it is not a fault of my pci port it does it on the 3 computers too. To summarize, it is impossible to play demanding games otherwise it crashes and yet the temperatures are okay....

0 Likes

Yes, my reply to you should be at the very bottom of this page. My reply was about GPU sag.

"

Monday

Testing with the rx 480 only maybe verifies your PCIE slot is working. IT doesn't take into consideration the 6800 xt is a much larger heavier card for example. I would be curious if your having an issue related to GPU sag.

Do you have a gpu support bracket you could use?

Can you try laying the tower on it's side and see if you have any issues?

Perhaps if the case allows an alternate gpu mounting location with a pcie extender cable?

I suspect maybe overtime gpu sag is causing an issue somewhere with connection, either pcie slot or possibly elsewhere on the pcb of the gpu and or heatsink contact.

Having the card in an alternate position might help but may not be a solution if you have to lay it sideways which may cause issues with your space."

Hello Red, so yes I tested with a gpu support, but despite that my gpu freezes all the same, I can do office automation watch movies streams on twitch videos etc all day without any worries.

But as soon as I play and this despite the gpu support my card will crash it can be in the next 30 seconds like in the 1 hour or more randomly.

And I am 100% sure that it is a GPU problem
as I said everything works perfectly I was playing when I wanted to change position on my chair I hit my knee under the desk quite abruptly .. and directly my pc gave me a black screen and since then I can't play because my gpu is strange ...

As for space don't worry I have already removed my tower from my desk to install it on the side where it does not move at all.
I will try to put it down but personally I don't believe it too much

0 Likes

God, the exact same thing happens to me with an RX 7600 XT, I bought it new on Amazon, in my case the error occurs once every month or every 2 months.

I realized that when this happens it automatically disables smart memory access, I also tried it on a different PC and the same error, have you managed to get a solution?

0 Likes

I’ve encountered a somewhat similar issue with my graphics card. While rendering a video, my PC would shut down when the GPU usage hit 100%, usually around 90% completion of the render. Just 1 hour ago, I tested an older RX 580, and it worked fine without any issues. However, my 6600 XT consistently crashes the PC and shuts down. It sounds like there might be a problem with how the GPU handles high usage, similar to what you're experiencing with your RX 6800 XT.

0 Likes

So listen, thanks to red for life I don't confirm 100% yet but actually when I lay my tower on its side the GPU is vertical, for the moment I've played remnant 2 and warzone 3 and I haven't encountered the slightest problem of crash or black screen. I'm going to continue a session and I'll come back to confirm