cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Cthulhu001
Adept I

RX 6800 XT Crashes in Every Directx 12 Game

Hello, I have a huge problem that I have not solved for 6 months. I have built a new computer with no change on its settings or BIOS, completely brand new. Everything is perfect on Directx 11 games to be honest; however, whenever I lunch a Directx 12 game, it crashes ultimately. The games which crash generally come to an error as "Dxgi_Error_ Device_Removed or Dxgi_Error_ Device_Hung" with AMD graphic card "Timeouts".

My computer's aspects are here:

-Sapphire Pulse RX 6800 XT Nitro+

-Ryzen 5 5600x

-2x8 GB= 16 GB Gskill RipjawsV RAM - 2133 Mhz in stock but 3600 Mhz with XMP Profile Enabled

-Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 GB SSD

-Gigabyte 550M DS3H Motherboard

-Cooler Master 750 Bronze v2 -230V MWE PSU

The Possible solutions I've given a try but not worked:

-Disable MPO

-Update BIOS

-Use DDU to remove Graphic card in safe mode and install the latest one (24.4.1 now)

-Remove All C++ software components and install the latest ones

-TdrLevel-TdrDelay Values in Regedit

-Disable AMD Overlay

-Disable XMP Profile

-Disable Smart Access Memory

-Disable Virtual Super Resolution

-Use Windows Update and Update everything

-Increase Windows Page File as 16000-32000

-Add the .exe to Windows Exploit

-Disable Windows Automatic Device Install (that might break graphic driver)

My Graphic card might have been overclocked as I can see min 500 Mhz and Max 2444 Mhz on Radeon tab but when I make it in default setting as 1850-2250 to remove if any overclock is there, even it didn't work either, graphic card resets itself to the previous values.

I'm really upset that I cannot play any Directx 12 games with this situations and none of what I have done worked. You have any solution to give me? I would be really appreciated.

1 Solution
432hz
Adept II

Sounds like a driver / software / Windows issue.

Try the following steps:

1. Make sure you have your GPU connected with separate PSU cables (not daisy-chained)
  2. Run DISM and SFC to repair any broken Windows core files https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/using-system-file-checker-in-windows-365e0031-36b1-6031-...
  3. Disable SAM / ReBAR / Resizable BAR in BIOS.
  4. Use DDU or AMD Cleanup Utility to uninstall your current drivers in safe mode. Install an older version of drivers such as 23.12.1 or 23.11.x. Be sure to select "Factory Reset" in the installer. There have been many reports of issues with 24.x.x and I personally had to install 23.12.1 and disable ReBAR in BIOS for stability on my RX 6800.
  5. In Adrenalin, ensure your GPU Max Clock Frequency is not higher than your card's specified Boost Clock Frequency. You can follow the steps in this comment if the steps in #4 still don't allow you to apply the settings correctly. (see screenshot)
  6. Ensure the AMD Overlay is disabled. Also disable Toast Notifications in Adrenalin.

If none of the above work, try:

1. Reseating your RAM
  2. Reseating your GPU
  3. Validating your RAM with MemTest86 (can take a couple hours)

1. DDU / ACU to uninstall your current drivers and reinstall 23.12.1 or 23.11.x in "Driver Only" mode.

If none of the above work try a clean Windows install.

adrenalin-max-freq.PNG

RX 6800 • Intel 12600k • G.Skill 6000 32GB • MSI B760M Mortar

View solution in original post

3 Replies
432hz
Adept II

Sounds like a driver / software / Windows issue.

Try the following steps:

1. Make sure you have your GPU connected with separate PSU cables (not daisy-chained)
  2. Run DISM and SFC to repair any broken Windows core files https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/using-system-file-checker-in-windows-365e0031-36b1-6031-...
  3. Disable SAM / ReBAR / Resizable BAR in BIOS.
  4. Use DDU or AMD Cleanup Utility to uninstall your current drivers in safe mode. Install an older version of drivers such as 23.12.1 or 23.11.x. Be sure to select "Factory Reset" in the installer. There have been many reports of issues with 24.x.x and I personally had to install 23.12.1 and disable ReBAR in BIOS for stability on my RX 6800.
  5. In Adrenalin, ensure your GPU Max Clock Frequency is not higher than your card's specified Boost Clock Frequency. You can follow the steps in this comment if the steps in #4 still don't allow you to apply the settings correctly. (see screenshot)
  6. Ensure the AMD Overlay is disabled. Also disable Toast Notifications in Adrenalin.

1. Reseating your RAM
  2. Reseating your GPU
  3. Validating your RAM with MemTest86 (can take a couple hours)

1. DDU / ACU to uninstall your current drivers and reinstall 23.12.1 or 23.11.x in "Driver Only" mode.

If none of the above work try a clean Windows install.

adrenalin-max-freq.PNG

Cthulhu001
Adept I

I did everything and nothing worked till I figured out the fact that one of my RAM has faulty after using memtest86, found +10000 error. When I replaced the bad ram with the new one, the problem has solved.

0 Likes

Great, glad to hear it. Enjoy. 

0 Likes