cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Yclin7705
Journeyman III

RX 6700 XT Eagle 12G Green screen crash causes one of the HDMI output to not work

I use dual monitor screens sometimes gets stuck or become green screen, just green and no words but can still hear audio from videos or game, once every 3-4 weeks, this is usually not a problem cause I would just hold the power button on my PC to force shut down and when I relaunch everything to back to normal. This time it green screen and get stuck, this however I pressed Ctrl Alt Del to get the task manager up and caused the second monitor to go black. I forcefully shut down my PC and relaunch it but my second monitor said there was so signal. I tried to switch the cables around a bit and found out that the HDMI output connected to my second monitor had stopped working, I found out after connecting my second monitor and its cable to the first montior's HDMI and the second monitor connected but the first monitor connected to the other HDMI says no signal. I am a beginner to this and had a friend help build this PC

0 Likes
3 Replies
Kalana
Challenger

Hi, green screen usually occurs due to temperature limits. I'm not certain it's the same with yours but have you checked the temps? Sometimes even though the temps show's are around 80C, the hot spot is higher and when it reaches 110C it'll crash. You can check in Adrenalin software while playing the game or getting the log from Metrics.

0 Likes
Yclin7705
Journeyman III

I have fixed it by disabling the graphics card and then turning it on

0 Likes

That's good to know. Glad you solved it.

0 Likes