Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Rictx
Adept I

RX 6600XT Launch Games Crash+Reboot Windows 10

Hello,

i want to share my bad experience this last 2-3 months.

My PC was crashing and rebooting when i was launching games (any game). At the beginning, i was doing a fresh windows/updated drivers install and it worked 1 week or so, and the problem came back, fresh install several times and always end up crashing/ rebooting.

I also tried older drivers,  DDU clean an re-installation of drivers, re-downloading games etc, nothing worked! On event viwer i had this critical error, "kernel power 41" what indicates faulty PSU or overheating or driver issue, according to other people opinion.

So yesterday i made a new install and the computer started to crash imidiatly when launching games.

Wasnt overheating wanst psu , memory , or mobo, tried diferent power cables and lots of other stuff.

The temporary fix was to install all updated drivers except for GPU, on this one i just installed windows update driver and i had  no more crash or reboots!

But this is not a good solution because i cant tweak my GPU and use all the potential that i can get.

Anyone else?

3 Replies
wraith001
Journeyman III

Hi there

My partner has the exact same problem, started about a month  ago. I first reinstalled windows which worked for a couple days then it started again, would blue screen, restart go into some weird boot loop then load back into windows with a warning that the driver installed didn't match the hardware an critical error kernel power  41.

Anyways, i swapped  ram around tried 1  stick etc still the same, stress tested the cpu, stress tested the ram, stress tested the gpu, all worked fine, pulled the pc apart thinking it was motherboard or psu because of the kernel error, tested both with multi meter cant find any shorts.. sooo  long story short (no pun intended) i happened  across a  very weird fix! when the pc crashed and restarted and went into boot loop i  held power button to shutdown, then hit power button again to start up and immediately spam delete to go in bios, as soon as in bios go straight to exit and hit save and exit, change nothing, after that the  pc  loads into windows fine with adrenalin working and will game for hours no problem... as soon as you finish and  switch off and  restart again it  will load with driver error and then inevitably crash and go into a  boot loop again load with driver error run for a bit and then crash until she does the  bios trick and then  it will run  for as long as you keep it on an plays all the games no problem.

I have no idea what the problem is , but its deff not hardware its bizarre, and what's worse is i also have an amd system, same drivers and windows lol.

Her specs

6600xt

5800x

32gb ram

mine

6800xt

7700x

32gb ram

go figure.

Sup Wraith!  I play apex as well

This is software/driver issue for sure. Sadly my second AMD GPU, first was good to do barbecues, now this weird issue. Had several NVIDIAS, never this happend to me.

Well  this is no permanent  solution, but now i can play, still,  i can notice the GPU is not on top performance... The  GPU windows driver is from 2021, and it works fine.

There is one thing i didnt trie, to install latest AMD driver without Adrenalin, but im so tired of reboots and windows install, that im not going to mess with. 

Windows update driverWindows update driver

0 Likes

This older driver, that doesnt crash, does let me play with older titles like Apex Legends, Rainbow Six siege, but it doesent  let me play warzone 2 for example....

So i have to activate warranty!

0 Likes