cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

No Signal w/ new 6800 XT build - Device not working (Error 43)

I have today completed a fresh build, new copy of windows installed and my GPU is refusing to provide any signal.

Everything I have tried so far:

Monitors and HDMI / Display port cables tested with another system

DDU all AMD drivers and software. Reinstalled using auto detect

Checked all PSU cabling is secure

Inspected all pins and reseated GPU

Attempted to flash the BIOS but rom refused to be read and that version of AMDVBFLASH had no force feature

About to try reinstalling windows but not sure how that will change anything

Is there anything else I could be missing?

0 Likes
10 Replies
Dragokar
Miniboss

When the card shows error43 in the device manager, don't tinker, just rma. You could try it in another pc though......the card does have power connected?

I was very close to this stage. Thankfully I did not. Thank you regardless

0 Likes
White93
Journeyman III

@CastleDracula wrote:

I have today completed a fresh build, new copy of windows installed and my GPU is refusing to provide any signal.

Everything I have tried so far:

Monitors and HDMI / Display port cables tested with another system

DDU all AMD drivers and software. Reinstalled using auto detect

Checked all PSU cabling is secure

Inspected all pins and reseated GPU

Attempted to flash the BIOS but rom refused to be read and that version of AMDVBFLASH had no force feature

About to try reinstalling windows but not sure how that will change anything

Is there anything else I could be missing?

May be a silly thing with newer motherboards, but sometimes happens that the mobo, on a fresh install, uses exclusively your integrated graphics (the 7600 has it in this case) 

Try to go into the bios, check for something like pheripherals -> display, or display device, switch it to PCI device (or dedicated device, or directly the name of your gpu)

Save and exit, plug the hdmi into your gpu! 

0 Likes

Correct, as mentioned by @White93 , you actually have two GPUs in your PC.

Your AMD 7000 Series is a APU with Integrated Graphics plus your stand alone AMD GPU Card.

Try connecting to your motherboard's video output ports and see if you get video output to your monitor. If it does that means in BIOS it seems to be set for your Integrated Graphics as your Main Display Adapter instead of your GPU card.

Generally, In BIOS Settings concerning the IGPU and DGPU, it is set to "AUTO". Which means that as soon as your install your GPU card it will automatically switch from the IGPU to the DGPU as your Main Display Adapter.

Another reason could be is that your Monitor or GPU card is not compatible with UEFI mode and you won't have any video output UNTIL Windows starts loading.

My LG 4K Monitor doesn't have video output under UEFI Mode but does under CSM Mode in BIOS Settings. Luckily I have Video output in UEFI mode to my Samsung Smart 2K Television. So I am able to enter BIOS and configure it under UEFI Mode.

0 Likes

Thank you for your help. As mentioned above I solved by complete chance and the left position on the dual BIOS switch was not recognizing drivers. Do you have any info source regarding this switch?

0 Likes

Found this about Gigabyte's Dual BIOS Switch on the Motherboard:

GIGABYTE DualBIOS™ feature two physical BIOS ROMS mounted onto the motherboard. One chip acts as your "Main" BIOS, or the BIOS your system primarily uses during boot up. The second chip acts as a "Backup" BIOS and has the factory default BIOS version on it.

--GIGABYTE--DUAL BIOS WEB

So the purpose of the Dual BIOS Switch is in case your Main BIOS is corrupted and you can't boot up the PC.  You then can change  the switch to the Backup BIOS which is the original BIOS Version that came with the Motherboard in its "Default" state.

That way you can boot up the PC into BIOS and reinstall or fix the Main BIOS Version again.

So depending in which switch side it was on it seems to be a BIOS issue with the BIOS you had installed since switching it to the opposite selection made your PC to start working normally again.

0 Likes

SOLVED - The dual bios switch was over to the left and not recognizing drivers.

I have seen conflicting information online about positions and the modes which they select?

Mark you answer as "Solution" since it was what fixed your problem.

Good troubleshooting by the way.

0 Likes

There is still something not right, the card should easily boot up with both bios regardless the switch. Otherwise, the feature would be useless.

0 Likes
Henry45
Journeyman III

If you're experiencing a "No Signal" problem with your new build featuring an AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT graphics card and encountering a "Device not working (Error 43)" message, there are several steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue. First, double-check that all power cables and connections to the graphics card are secure to rule out any loose connections. Ensure that you have the latest drivers installed for the AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT by downloading and installing them from the official AMD website. Confirm the compatibility of the graphics card with your motherboard and make sure it is correctly seated in the PCIe slot. Check your motherboard's BIOS settings for any options related to the PCIe slot or GPU configuration, as enabling or disabling certain settings might resolve compatibility problems....

0 Likes