cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Camobuff
Journeyman III

RX 6600XT High idle memory clock

I've been having an issue with my memory clock where it'll basically always clock to the max causing higher power draws and higher temps. At idle my GPU uses about 20W due to the clock being maxed out most of the time, whenever I check the clock in the AMD software it shows it at the max clock (2100-2104 with my OC). When I check through HWinfo with the AMD software closed it shows a little over 1000mhz on the memory clock and around 16W which is still higher than it should be. 

I use a TV that is set to 1920x1080 60hz, and a monitor set to 1600x900 60hz. If I unplug my 2nd monitor and restart the issue still persists. All the fixes I've tried for the first 15 seconds they seem like they worked but then it'll just start maxing out again. I've had this issue since I got the GPU months ago and I've reinstalled the drivers using DDU a ton of times for other reasons but it has never solved this issue. But I know this is a known issue but I can't seem to find a fix that works, suggestions are appreciated. 

I can provide more info if needed, thanks.

0 Likes
0 Replies