cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Unamelable
Journeyman III

RX 6600 XT - Fullscreen Application freeze on Monitor (Fixes with Alt+Tab)

I don't know what cause this, but when i did clear setup to official Windows 11. Sometimes i had this very annoying bug:

I hear freeze sound, monitor refresh last frame. And i still hear ingame sound when nothing happens in main monitor

I have to alt+tab to fix this. But it becomes so offten so i basicly cannot use any fullscreen application normally.

Right now updated Radeon driver, but likely this will not fix the problem.

2 Replies
LorenzoJS06
Journeyman III

I am having the exact same issue. It crashes all my open applications. I also have a 6600 XT and updated my drivers (it was .1 version off) and its still happening.

bilalmeo4u
Adept I

"I've experienced similar issues in the past after updating to Windows 11. The freeze sound and monitor refresh problems can be incredibly frustrating. Here are a few things you might want to try:

1. Check for Windows Updates: Make sure your system is fully updated, as Microsoft frequently releases patches that address compatibility issues.
  2. Reinstall Graphics Drivers: Sometimes, a clean reinstall of your graphics drivers can solve these issues. You can use a tool like DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) to completely remove your old drivers before installing the latest ones.
  3. Adjust Power Settings: Ensure your power settings are set to 'High Performance' to prevent any power-saving features from interfering with your graphics card.
  4. Check for BIOS Updates: Sometimes a BIOS update from your motherboard manufacturer can fix hardware compatibility issues.
  5. Disable Fullscreen Optimization: Right-click the game’s .exe file, go to Properties > Compatibility, and check 'Disable fullscreen optimizations.'

If none of these solutions work, it might be worth reaching out to the game developers or checking forums for any game-specific fixes.

On a different note, if you're into mobile gaming, especially Mini Militia, you might find some useful mods and tips on my website: theminimilitiamodapk.com

0 Likes